• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our vaccinated rate vs Washington…what’s the difference? Ron Rivera “very frustrated”

WarPanthers89

The anti-vaxer crowd, and that includes their poor innocent children who are going unvaccinated from a variety of preventable viruses, are one of the biggest problems facing our society. You have every right to socially pressure these foolish, paranoid, self-centered people into getting themselves and their children vaccinated. To keep silent puts us all at risk.

Edited by pantherj

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

They are impacting a very small percentage of society which included myself before I got covid.

For the vast majority of people covid is a cold or less.

This may be the dumbest thing you have said. The problem with this statement is, other susceptible people will read it and believe it. Because they want to believe it. Not because there is a lick of truth in it.

Once upon a time, it was the American thing to do to get vaccinated against Polio. Schools had clinics, hardly any anti-vaxx sentiment and an overwhelming support. Trusting in that age's scientists and doing their part in ensuring their fellow neighbors, family, and friends are protected.

Sad to see that mindset no longer exists. Willful ignorance at this point. Ironic too, given possible symptoms of COVID - even mild - are far, far worse than what any vaccine would give. 

Hope WFT starts amping up those numbers after Ron Rivera's public comments, but sadly selfishness and lack of any compassion are the primary traits of Anti-Vaxxers. Disgusting honestly.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

They are impacting a very small percentage of society which included myself before I got covid.

For the vast majority of people covid is a cold or less.

Unvaccinated people are how the variants are created.  Look at the covid numbers today and what the Delta variant is doing across the country.   And there will be more variants to come and no one knows what they will end up doing…..but we know the vaccines weren’t created specifically for them. 

Odds are the next variants will start to pop up in the coming months.    And they could be greater threats or lesser threats than the original.   That’s what variants do. 

And if the new variants go around the vaccine successfully enough …..the globe is once again right back where it was.  I mean think about if unvaccinated folks allow this to be a problem for a half decade?   It will mean a lot more than an embarrassingly high death toll for modern society.  It will mean more than vaccinated getting infected with news strains.  Our supply chains are already screwed up.  Which impacts jobs, inflation, and a host of other issues….for society as a whole.  Not a small percentage. 

• Beer 1

Variants are created constantly. The vast majority weaken or do nothing to the virus ability to spread or the disease it causes.  

I'll take your vaccine. Give me more. This is nothing compared to the vaccines I've opted for or been required to take for the travel I've done. No reason for me to get picky now

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Once upon a time, it was the American thing to do to get vaccinated against Polio. Schools had clinics, hardly any anti-vaxx sentiment and an overwhelming support. Trusting in that age's scientists and doing their part in ensuring their fellow neighbors, family, and friends are protected.

Sad to see that mindset no longer exists. Willful ignorance at this point. Ironic too, given possible symptoms of COVID - even mild - are far, far worse than what any vaccine would give. 

Hope WFT starts amping up those numbers after Ron Rivera's public comments, but sadly selfishness and lack of any compassion are the primary traits of Anti-Vaxxers. Disgusting honestly.

The anti-vax movement is not purely a modern thing. There is a tradition of it for religious reasons going back quite some time. The modern era is really no different. Politics and idiocy are the new religions, so it does fit.

The 90's/2000's anti-vax movement(from the "liberal" bastions, no less) has been so thoroughly debunked that it's more of a litmus test for critical thinking anymore. The anti-vax movement against these new vaccines will end up being a similar situation, most likely. I definitely can see a scenario in a decade or so how the volumes of research will make this movement look just as foolish as the last major one. The leaders of this version are just as much sideshow personalities as the last one.

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Getting your news from shock jocks is not how you educate yourself.

Taking all sides into account is how you educate yourself. Jimmy Dore telling you about his own personal experience and his knowledge of others with his same experience is important information. 

If people are having reactions to these shots, would you not want to know? What type of world do we live in where people people suppress non FDA approved "vaccine" side effects?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The anti-vax movement is not purely a modern thing. There is a tradition of it for religious reasons going back quite some time. The modern era is really no different. Politics and idiocy are the new religions, so it does fit.

The 90's/2000's anti-vax movement(from the "liberal" bastions, no less) has been so thoroughly debunked that it's more of a litmus test for critical thinking anymore. The anti-vax movement against these new vaccines will end up being a similar situation, most likely. I definitely can see a scenario in a decade or so how the volumes of research will make this movement look just as foolish as the last major one. The leaders of this version are just as much sideshow personalities as the last one.

I think those 2000s hippy anti vaxxers have aged intothe QAnnon Yoga pose look at me on Instagram  homesteader realm. 

• Beer 2

Just now, Zod said:

In general,. anecdotal stories are of little worth if any at all.

Look at the accumulated data on the vax and side effects and not what some dude told you.

The data says that the vax is incredibly safe, more so than most vax you have already received.

I would most likely agree with you. I am sure the two non MRNA vaccines are probably pretty safe.

1 minute ago, Cam's New Arm said:

Taking all sides into account is how you educate yourself. Jimmy Dore telling you about his own personal experience and his knowledge of others with his same experience is important information. 

If people are having reactions to these shots, would you not want to know? What type of world do we live in where people people suppress non FDA approved "vaccine" side effects?

The idea of suppressing "evidence" is literally conspiracy theory garbage. There are few examples in recent memory of a medical treatment with such transparent and large data sets. 

Do people have side effects? Yep. Have some been bad and even lethal? Yep. Are the percentages very low? Yep.

Anecdotal evidence isn't completely valueless, but if you base your decisions purely on statistical outliers, that is just not smart. 

I would want to go out and draft a player based on one good game in college, verses 20 mediocre to bad games. Now, Marty Hurney probably would. Do you want to be Marty Hurney?

1 minute ago, Zod said:

In general,. anecdotal stories are of little worth if any at all.

When every algorithm imaginable is catered to an official narrative, it's sometimes vital to observe anecdotal stories. 

I'll go back to my original point, we know where this virus came from and Fauci absolutely refuses to admit it because every ounce of funding he has is tied into this research. 

It's just too convoluted, in my opinion. 

Unless, they become honest. 

1 minute ago, Cam's New Arm said:

When every algorithm imaginable is catered to an official narrative, it's sometimes vital to observe anecdotal stories. 

If you really believe that the math is being fudged to fit a narrative, then there really is no point in further discussion. You have an agenda, and any evidence contrary to it can simply be tossed aside as "yeah but that's what they want you to believe". 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think those 2000s hippy anti vaxxers have aged intothe QAnnon Yoga pose look at me on Instagram  homesteader realm. 

The comforting thing about all conspiracy theorists is how completely uniform they are in thought process. Doesn't matter the specific conspiracy or slant, they all are the same.

The concerning thing is how widespread conspiracy theories are becoming. I mean, at this point these aren't even niche, this is flat out mainstream. That is what is so concerning. I attribute this directly to people not being savvy about the media that they consume. The fact is, the overwhelming majority of the world's population is not intelligent enough to digest information without filtering. 

I never would have thought that I would end up with this viewpoint but I have been involved in the internet since almost it's inception(not back in the DARPA days, obviously) and I have watched this unbelievably powerful way to access information eventually turn into something I never expected almost three decades ago. It isn't a way to spread information, it has devolved into a way to spread disinformation and "choose your own adventure" facts. Frankly, mass media has basically followed that trend to mirror it.

You couldn't have convinced me that would be the result 30 years ago.