• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor Moton Talks Starting Training Camp, New Contract and More

SBBlue

link:Taylor Moton Talks Starting Training Camp, New Contract and More - YouTube

On LT/RT

I’m ready for wherever the coach puts me just like my rookie year you know coming in I don't know where they might put me or really want me but I’ll be as ready as I possibly can be

During those six weeks between mini camp and today did you, assuming you did some workouts did you kind of work steps on the left side at all?

I just I went back to like my first couple years when I didn't know where I was playing and I just told myself I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be on either side of the line.  Shoot Matt calls out I'll be ready to snap the ball I need to. Laughs.

That opportunity might present itself more now at left because in the past years whatever happened it kept me right but it's just like I said it's just feeling more and more comfortable just repping it out day in and day out.  Until you know you just feel like you got it down and you can only do so much on air it's going to come down to when you got you know like a real NFL pass rush in front of you.

On the contract

It's truly a blessing I'm very happy that I'm sticking around the Carolinas I love it here and you know I think we have a bright future ahead of us …. We got that deal done maybe 10 to 15 minutes before the deadline

What makes you think this is one of the best teams in the nfl after you went five and eleven the last two seasons?

I think we have something special because the tremendous plays we have the chemistry we're building the coaching staff the culture that we're building here so i think it's something truly special

On CMC

I'm gonna do everything I can to keep him as healthy as he can be so yeah but I’m fired up to have him back.

On Vax

I got my vaccine done so that obviously makes things a little smoother a little bit closer to back to normal …It was going to be a lot smoother going through the season I was going to be able to do more I’m not holding the team back in any way and also from like a family aspect I feel like it's another layer keeping my family safe you know especially older the older people

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

You got the money now stay healthy and perform.

He's been practicing both sides of the line.  LT may be coming.

"That opportunity might present itself more now at left because in the past years whatever happened it kept me right"

Edited by SBBlue

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

He's been practicing both sides of the line.  LT may be coming.

"That opportunity might present itself more now at left because in the past years whatever happened it kept me right"

IMO, if you are going to move him left, it might as well be this year. If it takes Moton a year to get comfy, this is the year to do so.

• Pie 4

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

IMO, if you are going to move him left, it might as well be this year. If it takes Moton a year to get comfy, this is the year to do so.

Yup, and for BC to start practice at RT.  BC at RT makes sense if Moton at LT happens.  Otherwise, I don't understand BC at RT.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Yup, and for BC to start practice at RT.  BC at RT makes sense if Moton at LT happens.  Otherwise, I don't understand BC at RT.

Yupperz, as basically our whole line is in flux, let Moton spend this year getting acclimated, let Brady learn RT. And let's mix and match to our hearts content. Sooner or later, we'll find our 5 for this year.

After the season we can evaluate how it went. But for now. Let's try and get our 2 Tackles ready. With Paradis at C. We can let all those Guards fight it out for the 2 starter spots.

Sounds good. I tell ya what.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yupperz, as basically our whole line is in flux, let Moton spend this year getting acclimated, let Brady learn RT. And let's mix and match to our hearts content. Sooner or later, we'll find our 5 for this year.

After the season we can evaluate how it went. But for now. Let's try and get our 2 Tackles ready. With Paradis at C. We can let all those Guards fight it out for the 2 starter spots.

Sounds good. I tell ya what.

I'm not worried about Moton at LT.  He's done it before and talks like he wants it and has been preparing for it.  

C'mon BC, come thru baby.  

We nail these tackle spots... guard is much easier to fill, and we have a bunch to choose from already on the roster.    

This could work.

tenor.gif?itemid=4905592

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

It's just weird that Moton has played RT his entire career and Christenson has played LT his entire career and we want to switch them. I guess arm length is that important in the NFL. Are Moton's arms that much longer? I remember the last time he played LT he looked really uncomfortable; however, he didn't have a full training camp or even many practices to prepare.

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

It's just weird that Moton has played RT his entire career and Christenson has played LT his entire career and we want to switch them. I guess arm length is that important in the NFL. Are Moton's arms that much longer? I remember the last time he played LT he looked really uncomfortable; however, he didn't have a full training camp or even many practices to prepare.

IMO, the only difference between RT, and LT is the QBs blind side. So teams want that T to be competent. Well, it is a different position, so there is a learning curve to switching. 

I'm sure they are going to try and mix and match their way to the best line they can. So we shall see how this works. 

Also, if we get lucky and we actually figure out the Tackle positions this year. It does set us up for a bright future.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

It's just weird that Moton has played RT his entire career and Christenson has played LT his entire career and we want to switch them.

Guess we want our best OT on the blind side.

I guess arm length is that important in the NFL. Are Moton's arms that much longer?

Moton Arm Length 34.125

BC's arm length 32.25

I remember the last time he played LT he looked really uncomfortable; however, he didn't have a full training camp or even many practices to prepare.

He may have looked it, but apparently he did well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Taylor-Moton-left-tackle-permanent-121087176/

"

Moton's play at left tackle was the highlight of a Panthers offensive line performance that allowed zero sacks, allowed only a single pressure on Cam Newton, and helped the running backs run for 99 total yards. Pro Football Focus gave Moton a grade of 74.5 

"

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Guess we want our best OT on the blind side.

Moton Arm Length 34.125

BC's arm length 32.25

He may have looked it, but apparently he did well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Taylor-Moton-left-tackle-permanent-121087176/

"

Moton's play at left tackle was the highlight of a Panthers offensive line performance that allowed zero sacks, allowed only a single pressure on Cam Newton, and helped the running backs run for 99 total yards. Pro Football Focus gave Moton a grade of 74.5 

"

Oh I am not saying he wouldn't be our best LT. Just thought it was interesting. Definitely makes sense looking at the arm length. He seemed to just be a little confused on a few reps. With a full season practicing it would be fine. Ashamed we never got another tackle to go with him because Moton is ELITE on the right (82 compared to 74.5 on the left.) Hopefully he can adapt and be the same on the left if we indeed move him. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

Moton is ELITE on the right 82 compared to 74.5 on the left. Hopefully he can adapt and be the same on the left. 

Yeah, that's the starting point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he grades out just fine there by end of season.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah, that's the starting point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he grades out just fine there by end of season.

I just think what Rhule said about muscle memory on the right may be hard to transition from. Other than that he should be fine. At least we have a guy that is willing to do whatever it takes for the team. Thats why you pay people like that!