• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spartanburg Tips and Advice

Admiral Ackbar

All my infro is dated. 

Only one place to stay- marriott everyone thats covering/helping/etc the panthers will be staying there. You can catch some "semi-famous" nfl people in the bar/restaurant if youre lucky

A small "downtown" strip within walking distance. Had shops, couple bars, and a 3 star Chinese place. One night a BMW employee happened be at that bar, long talk and long night, bless her soul.

Beacon is only if you enjoy greasy southern food. Everyone told me to go as welll, I finally did..... The booth I sat at had not been cleaned since the 1969 moon landing. Layers of dark grease in the corners. My plate had a HUUUUGE pile of onion rings and I didnt order them. Sweet tea put me in a diabetic coma......but overall helped cure my hang over. 

Bonus marriot toilets were able to handle the after effects without making the "call"..

Get rest things happen early. 

Enjoy.

Forgot there was a great local doughnut shop close by( I think, can not member the name) and sunscreen like the others have already said.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Only one place to stay- marriott everyone thats covering/helping/etc the panthers will be staying there. You can catch some "semi-famous" nfl people in the bar/restaurant if youre lucky

I stayed there 3 years ago. Was eating breakfast and I heard this voice that sounded lumbergh from office space “Yeah, I’ll have a coffee”. I knew it wasn’t the real lumbergh but yet I know I’d heard it before.

I turn around and it’s Joe by God Person. Check please.

• Beer 1

You need to try Shotz. It's in the little strip mall behind Food Lion. It's in the corner, just down the walk from Mr. Gattis.

Great food, great atmosphere, and alcohol. Lot's to do. Tell Carly behind the bar Cookie sent you. She'll know what it means. lol

Oh, and I go to Karaoke on Thurs. night. 

Edited by iamhubby1

27 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I stayed there 3 years ago. Was eating breakfast and I heard this voice that sounded lumbergh from office space “Yeah, I’ll have a coffee”. I knew it wasn’t the real lumbergh but yet I know I’d heard it before.

I turn around and it’s Joe by God Person. Check please.

Lucky you!.... I bumped into Darin Grant and a female NFL network reporter whom no longer works for them today. They always look so different in person. She wore a hat, button up shirt over a tank-top, and long athletic shorts. Poor woman had a bad cough and kept clearing her throat. You nailed Person, I have no clue how he gets on any radio/TV with that voice.

After a few one-liners back and forth, Darin walked off with this line " Never meet your heroes .."

Edited by Basbear

15 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You need to try Shotz. It's in the little strip mall behind Food Lion. It's in the corner, just down the walk from Mr. Gattis.

Great food, great atmosphere, and alcohol. Lot's to do. Tell Carly behind the bar Cookie sent you. She'll know what it means. lol

Oh, and I go to Karaoke on Thurs. night. 

Is there still a local bakery spot thats close to fields, god-like donuts? I may have my places mixed up. Its was across form the main road entrance to the fields/stadium. 

Edited by Basbear

There are no Spartans or (ice) "burgs".  Not many signs due to the public school situation in SC--so take a GPS.  You will know when you are there when the kids have gun racks on their tricycles and the girls with debutante tattoos and bedazzled spit cups try to con you out of a quarter.  I am sorry--what was the question?

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Is there still a local bakery spot thats close to fields, god-like donuts? I may have my places mixed up. Its was across form the main road entrance to the fields/stadium. 

It's actually just down the street of the entrance to the College on Church St. Krispy Kreme. About a block from the Marriott. 

The entrance off Pines St. Where the Camp entrance is. Is on the other end of the College.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It's actually just down the street of the entrance to the College on Church St. Krispy Kreme. About a block from the Marriott. 

The entrance off Pines St. Where the Camp entrance is. Is on the other end of the College.

Dang I mixed-up a local spot with KK, forgive me I was a sales-rep that heavily travel at one point. 

• Beer 1