• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the worst case scenario with Sam Darnold this year?

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

worst case is that he gets hurt early, maybe even in camp, and we don’t know what we have for another year.

I came here to say this. IMO this is really probably the worst scenario.

Because now we likely have a top 5 draft pick, are in position to draft a franchise QB but have no idea what to do with Darnold.

That is an easy choice for me, I draft a QB but I don't know that our staff and FO would feel similarly. Especially if they thought he looked good in camp.

So, then you are looking at the potential of maybe passing on a franchise QB(twice) for a guy that ends up flaming out in 2022. To me that is the true nightmare scenario.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I came here to say this. IMO this is really probably the worst scenario.

Because now we likely have a top 5 draft pick, are in position to draft a franchise QB but have no idea what to do with Darnold.

That is an easy choice for me, I draft a QB but I don't know that our staff and FO would feel similarly. Especially if they thought he looked good in camp.

So, then you are looking at the potential of maybe passing on a franchise QB(twice) for a guy that ends up flaming out in 2022. To me that is the true nightmare scenario.

"passing on a possible franchise QB (twice)" or "passing on a possible 1st round bust QB (twice)"

• Beer 2

If he gets hurt, and they’re not able to evaluate him this year, then I think you prepare to move on and either draft or trade for his replacement next offseason.  

He has to show something this year. Good luck to him, and I hope he succeeds and shows something. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You can twist it anyway you want but we have a bust first round QB currently. So what would the difference really be?

We had a #1 overall QB. Imma go count those Lombardis, back in a sec.

The guy that won the most trophy's wasn't a 1st rd pick.

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Seeing ghosts isn't what people think it means. It doesn't mean he's scared. It doesn't mean he's afraid of the defense. The phrase seeing ghosts means he's seeing things that aren't there, as in, he got confused by the defense of arguably the greatest coach of all time. 

So it's something that can be fixed with more film study and experience. 

It completely baffles me that a large amount of people on this forum legitimately don’t understand the metaphor and literally think he’s talking about the supernatural. What a rough life.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

It completely baffles me that a large amount of people on this forum legitimately don’t understand the metaphor and literally think he’s talking about the supernatural. What a rough life.

Hyperbole much? I know you were trying to be smug. But you don't have to insult a large portion of the Huddlez to do so?