• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fit talking to "2 or 3 players" about extensions

top dawg

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/28/panthers-talking-to-2-or-3-players-about-possible-contract-extensions/

Other than that he fact that Tim Weaver is probably correctly surmising that Robby and Donte are probably the ones we're trying to lock up to longer term deals, even though Fitterer didn't come out and say it and some Huddlers have suggested that both may be on their way out, I find it somewhat amusing that Fit said we're talking to two or three players. I mean, why the secrecy? He throws out a little bone that everyone pretty much has the read on, but isn't playing it so close to the vest that he doesn't say anything. Then, he says "two or three" when he's the GM. I mean, which is it, two or three? And if Robby and Donte are two of the three, then who's the third? 

• Poo 1

Maybe there are actually strategic reasons, obscure or otherwise, for not being specific, such as potential trades/signings/post-cut additions. Maybe he enjoys playing games with these responses. Maybe he doesn't really care about being up front with the media. Maybe some mix of all of those things.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DJ Moore

might be smart to extend him before he heads into his first NFL season that features a QB willing to throw downfield that also doesn't have a blown out shoulder. 

Moore could easily put up some big numbers.   He puts up good numbers with dudes that can't /won't throw downfield. 

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DJ Moore

Ah, just assumed that was a given, but you're probably right. 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that negotiation though. Does DJ increase his value by NOT signing an extension, or does he push all his chips in now?

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/28/panthers-talking-to-2-or-3-players-about-possible-contract-extensions/

Other than that he fact that Tim Weaver is probably correctly surmising that Robby and Donte are probably the ones we're trying to lock up to longer term deals, even though Fitterer didn't come out and say it and some Huddlers have suggested that both may be on their way out, I find it somewhat amusing that Fit said we're talking to two or three players. I mean, why the secrecy? He throws out a little bone that everyone pretty much has the read on, but isn't playing it so close to the vest that he doesn't say anything. Then, he says "two or three" when he's the GM. I mean, which is it, two or three? And if Robby and Donte are two of the three, then who's the third? 

Possibly DJ...adding years on to his rookie deal.  

DJ has to be one.  His stock is still relevantly lower.  A big season this year and he will net a massive massive new deal.  Plus we don’t others like Ridley signing before,  this will only push the market up.  We saw this last year with Moton.  Had we signed him last year he would’ve gone for 10+ less.  But a bunch of other guys signed and it adjusted the market.

• Pie 2