• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big game hunting?

On 7/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, lightsout said:

Bingo.

Dude said some racist poo before, fought a teammate, probably rubbed ownership the wrong way....yet, Slavin and Jordan both said they want him, Marc Staal apparently had a talk with Rod about him, and a few others. They vetted this move.

Saying this guy's irredeemable because he said some stupid poo and doubled down on his right to say whatever he wants is whatever. The only questions that matter now are, 1) are you going to be a problem for us right now, on the ice or in the locker room? 2) are you gonna be able to handle everybody, including fans, hating you until you prove you've changed or at least aren't going to be a douchenozzle anymore? 3) can you play and produce?

Anybody taking some moral stand on this need to take a look in the mirror. I never fought a teammate or called a man a racial slur, but there's poo I ain't proud of and we all got something. If he's an asshole while employed by the Canes, cut him with a fug you very much and go fug yourself. If he's not, hey, it's 1 year and he either earns another contract or he is a stop gap for a long term solution. Win either way.

I had no idea who he was until this, From what ive seen the dude can freaking play.... if he can keep his mouth shut. Most 18 year olds are assholes its the trend that is worrisome.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, CanePantherHornet said:

It's hilarious seeing the meltdown reddit is currently having over Tony DeAngelo compared to the calm takes on here lol

I work overnights and woke up to most of that being over.

I get people don't like his background but good god, it's one guy on a zero tolerance chance.

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/hurricanes

9 defensemen(TDA not listed still). 13~ left.

Plenty enough to absorb all of Tarasenko's contract. 

I also fully expect to trade Gardiner for a much cheaper 3rd pair/extra LD at some point (possibly during season). That could free up close to 4M depending on who comes back.  

We only have a small game license.

I will be pleased if the Hurricanes go out and get a Top 6 scorer, but at the moment I think we are done and the results will show up next year when we *may* not make the playoffs.  Quite a few teams in the East got better and well the Canes are not going to be familiar with each other for awhile.

Cheap wins the day....spend to the cap, blah, blah, blah.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Another defenseman and goalie signed. Still no forwards. 

Stepan signed. There's definitely something brewing because there's way too much cap space available. 

If I'm not mistaken, we were operating with only around 2.5M available last season. So seems pretty apparent to me they are leaving a lot of money open to absorb a large contract. I still think Tarasenko is the target.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Stepan signed. There's definitely something brewing because there's way too much cap space available. 

If I'm not mistaken, we were operating with only around 2.5M available last season. So seems pretty apparent to me they are leaving a lot of money open to absorb a large contract. I still think Tarasenko is the target.

Well you gotta factor in Svech but ya there’s still gonna be a decent chunk of change left over. We have 3 forward spots wide open after Svech.