• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1 - Thoughts and Observations

Zod

8 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I'll give you the restrictions, but this isn't the first year it's been hot

Just goes to show the difference from when Cam was here to Darnold. Darnold will have to earn that hype.

Cam had that fan interaction and people just loved him. Sam just needs to focus on improving his game.

But I wasn't there so I can't really say for sure. Just my opinion. 

Merit in that…Cam was a show, that’s for sure

• Pie 1

From a social media viewpoint the new photography restrictions are somewhat understandable. But for a franchise trying to regain relevancy it's counterproductive in the short term for fan engagement imo. But the Panthers will be the Panthers.

• Beer 1

Fans should have a reason for excitement if you ask me. This is a year where no one really doesn't know what to expect. Last year we were expected to be bottom of the league. This year Analysts have us possibly making the wild-card. 

I can understand some having little to no excitement for Sam, this defense should have us excited on their own. 

Fan excitement hinges on Sam Darnold. The fans got sold crap in Teddy last year and they're very much in wait and see mode on Darnold. If he shows promise in preseason excitement will tick up. If he doesn't, Tepper is gonna see a lot of opposing colors in BOA while daydreaming about the excitement that a Justin Fields pick would've brought to the fanbase.

We'll see how it goes. As fans that's all we can do. 

• Pie 7

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

this defense should have us excited on their own. 

I totally agree, but that is old school thinking. Teams have to put up big points now to get real excitement. Wish it wasn't so. 

1 minute ago, Zod said:

I totally agree, but that is old school thinking. Teams have to put up big points now to get real excitement. Wish it wasn't so. 

Just seeing the difference in DJ Moore's route running and seeing slight improvements to Darnold's game has me excited. And what I am hearing about Dan Arnold is making me drool everywhere since we had to deal with Ian "Big Threat" Thomas.