• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1 - Thoughts and Observations

Zod

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

Lack of autograph availability is a huge deal for a lot of the people with kids who would normally go.

This. I feel like half the crowd goes to get autographs. @Zod did they enforce that, like, hardcore? If so, then I'd assume every camp day will be like today.

Edited by Carl Spackler
hell I'm just tryna get a question answered

21 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Just seeing the difference in DJ Moore's route running and seeing slight improvements to Darnold's game has me excited. And what I am hearing about Dan Arnold is making me drool everywhere since we had to deal with Ian "Big Threat" Thomas. 

he's kind of the forgotten weapon among the many we have.  And we have him under contract for 2 years at a total of 2.5 million.

After being with the Jets, Darnold has to be drooling along with you.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

@Zod Did you see Ha Ha Clinton-Dix out there? Just interested had heard anything since they brought him in for a tryout. Thanks 

I think Matt Rhule mentioned some of the guys we tried out as being guys we would go to if someone were to get injured in camp or during the regular season. Guessing they weren't out there today.

21 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Easy question... why the fug are they even at Wofford? I thought it was miserable the one and only time I went to camp down there, like in 1999 or something.

UNC Wilmington, Coastal Carolina, ECU... fug, anything's gotta be better than Spartanburg.

UNC-W would be interesting considering they don't have a football team.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Easy question... why the fug are they even at Wofford? I thought it was miserable the one and only time I went to camp down there, like in 1999 or something.

UNC Wilmington, Coastal Carolina, ECU... fug, anything's gotta be better than Spartanburg.

You do realize it is hot in the South? Right? It's not just Hub City. 

15 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Love seeing the blurb on Sam.

when is the last time we didn’t have a QB that locked onto a WR

Did I time travel back to the Pickle's last year? You could easily say that neither Teddy nor Cam locked onto WRs. Not to the point that it made them bad QBs at least. Teddy probably went through his progressions too fast (and got to his checkdown), while Cam probably waited too long at times, neither were QBs that locked onto guys all game.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

App State would seem like a great fit. Probably the coolest location that would work in the region. I just think Tepper is really hung up on this whole "one team two states" thing. He really wants to include SC in everything and Boone is a rock's throw from the VA and TN borders.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2