• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther Kelvin Benjamin's attitude...

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

How much did he weight when he was a WR? 

A team source told the Observer the 6-foot-5 Benjamin, who played at 245 pounds as a rookie, 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article24867481.html#:~:text=Benjamin has battled weight issues,a history of hamstring issues.

He took a redshirt season at Florida State after arriving on campus a reported 20 pounds overweight.

The 6-5 Benjamin is listed at 245 pounds, but his playing weight is closer to 250-252. Rivera has not said what Benjamin weighed in April at the start of the voluntary workout program, or what his current weight is. [2017]

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article149309344.html

• Beer 1

I was kind of feeling bad for the guy as I also in my uneducated way would wonder why him playing the TE position is better at 251lbs than when he was playing WR at 268 ( according to him)

But the thing is, YOU DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD! If they tell you to come to camp at X weight, you do it! Period. Do what you are told...especially when the only chance you have in this league is a last ditch connection in Gettleman that pulled some strings to get you a try out. 

It is easy to poo on KB, but really I think this kind of mentality is a cultural issue that is becoming more prevalent as the years roll by. Victim mentality/it's not my fault/It's ok to be obese and unhealthy/..all of this and so many others have folks thinking they can do anything.

Wish him the best though. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

It is easy to poo on KB, but really I think this kind of mentality is a cultural issue that is becoming more prevalent as the years roll by. Victim mentality/it's not my fault/It's ok to be obese and unhealthy/..all of this and so many others have folks thinking they can do anything.

This is a great point.  Example: the election didn't go my way, so I'm going to attempt an armed insurrection of the US Capitol building.  The entitlement is ridiculous.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

12 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

But the thing is, YOU DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD! If they tell you to come to camp at X weight, you do it! Period. Do what you are told...

Just one more example of the "strong man" sticking it to the little guy...

Players should be able to play at whatever weight they want to play at...this just isn't fair.  😏

9 hours ago, KB_fan said:

KB stealing food wasn't true, but it seems like his release today WAS weight-related.

Was told to report to camp at 251. Showed up at 268.

Story here:

"Benjamin said the experience with the Giants soured his feelings about the NFL. He doesn’t intend to pursue any more opportunities in the league."

I don't think that's going to be an issue for him.

I talked to KB after an OTA--very nice, very immature, and he does not come off as someone who is very smart.  I liked him, but I work with young adults for a living and sensed that he would be a bit difficult to supervise--just a hunch at the time.