• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Joe Brady on the hot seat?

CanadianCat

With Matt Rhule having a 7 year contract we know that Tepper will allow him to build the team. The defense needed to be rebuilt and it looks to be going in the right direction. 

The offence, with so much weapons, it really has not taken off. We can blame that on Teddy, but my question is, we have yet another year of a mediocre offence, is it time to take a good hard look at Brady? 

Obviously if Brady can turn Darnold into a top 10 heck, top 15 QB he is probably gone next year, but if Darnold is a bottom 25 QB, SHOULD Brady be gone?

• Poo 16

Good question(s)…….

hope he turns sam into a top 20 or better guy and if better then 10 or 5 … tepper will break the bank for Brady to stay … but if he gets a head coaching gig… see you later for a couple years Untill he gets fired and hired back as OC …..

Brady isn't now nor should he be on the hot seat if Darnold struggles. That doesn't mean I think Brady is the greatest thing since sliced bread. TBH, his playcalling last year reflected his lack of experience in that role...it was mediocre.

I expect to see a bit more "flash" this year, if that's the right word. No, I'm not talking about trick plays. If you watched the TB offense in the SB, then you understand what I'm talking about. That was a master class in play design and calling. Brady may be great eventually, but right now, he's not close to the best OC in our division, let alone the NFL.

Edited by Pup McBarky

Brady would have made a decent offense with Teddy at the helm if CMC hadn’t missed most of the season. And we all saw Teddy’s limitations.

I do not know if Darnold is the long term QB of the future or not but I do know he’s better than Teddy in nearly every aspect of the game. He’s deceptively mobile, has a stronger arm, can make absurdly accurate off balance throws and is not afraid to throw deep. Decision making might be the only obvious part of his game that Teddy beats him in and that can fixed with proper coaching and film work. I mean, he’s shown he can read defenses pretty well. I feel at times he tried to do too much because he felt he has to with what was around him. 

All that said, with a healthy CMC and even marginally better QB play, this offense will not have Brady on the hot seat.  I know the popular flavor of the week is trashing Tepper, Rhule, Darnold etc, but in all honesty I anticipate a wildcard birth. 

This defense is legit. Can they hold teams under 21 most weeks? I honestly think they can. And this offense is more than capable of putting up points. The Falcons are not good anymore. That defense is as soft as warm butter. Hill leading the Saints is laughable and Winston won’t be much better. Thomas will be missing a lot of practice and possibly some games following surgery. I can see is better than both this season. Still behind the Bucs obviously, but I think a wildcard spot is in reach. Especially if Horn can be what we drafted him to be.

16 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Brady isn't now nor should he be on the hot seat if Darnold struggles. That doesn't mean I think Brady is the greatest thing since sliced bread. TBH, his playcalling last year reflected his lack of experience in that role...it was mediocre.

I expect to see a bit more "flash" this year, if that's the right word. No, I'm not talking about trick plays. If you watched the TB offense in the SB, then you understand what I'm talking about. That was a master class in play design and calling. Brady may be great eventually, but right now, he's not close to the best OC in our division, let alone the NFL.

How can anyone look at least year, without OTAs. because of no OTA's,  this time last year they were introducing the players to the coaches.  Add the fact we were without CMC. 

At this point, I'm pretty sure you don't pay enough attention to even have an opinion that is worth considering. 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

How can anyone look at least year, without OTAs. because of no OTA's,  this time last year they were introducing the players to the coaches.  Add the fact we were without CMC. 

At this point, I'm pretty sure you don't pay enough attention to even have an opinion that is worth considering. 

And  you clearly have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.