• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Joe Brady on the hot seat?

CanadianCat

I think that all things considered Brady should get a total pass on what happened last year.  TB5 under center, CMC gone most of the year, no offseason, brand new staff . . . yea.  Nothing that happened last year should have any effect on Brady.

This year is different.  We should absolutely expect the offense to perform better this year.  If the offense doesn't progress or moves backwards and it's not easily identified as a QB problem, I think at that point Brady may be in trouble.  Not fired, but it would be fair to ask serious questions.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

With Matt Rhule having a 7 year contract we know that Tepper will allow him to build the team. The defense needed to be rebuilt and it looks to be going in the right direction. 

The offence, with so much weapons, it really has not taken off. We can blame that on Teddy, but my question is, we have yet another year of a mediocre offence, is it time to take a good hard look at Brady? 

Obviously if Brady can turn Darnold into a top 10 heck, top 15 QB he is probably gone next year, but if Darnold is a bottom 25 QB, SHOULD Brady be gone?

Does he coach the offensive line? An offense is only as good as their offensive line. Unless this left tackle situation is resolved, it won't matter. Moton will end up playing Left Tackle by the second game.

4 hours ago, SBBlue said:

tenor.gif

How should I read them?

Not sure if you are being factious or not...I'll assume your not.... its hard to have an actual discussion on these message boards. 

The reason I think its worth questioning if Brady could be on the hot seat is that he came to the team as this OC protégé. Now I can understand last year, not having a offseason but if I remember correctly, he was the one that wanted Teddy based on working with him at the Saints. Teddy's problem was not that he didnt know the playbook but that he was not aggressive enough when it mattered. Is that Brady's fault? No, but Brady recruited him so he does carry some of the responsibility of Teddy's performance. 

So 2021 has a full offseason with a QB that is known to be aggressive. Im optimistic that Sam plays to a high level. But the question is if he doesn't, then what? I think its worth taking a hard look at the Brady to see if he is the guy we want to develop a new rookie is Sam tanks. 

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Not sure if you are being factious or not...I'll assume your not.... its hard to have an actual discussion on these message boards. 

The reason I think its worth questioning if Brady could be on the hot seat is that he came to the team as this OC protégé. Now I can understand last year, not having a offseason but if I remember correctly, he was the one that wanted Teddy based on working with him at the Saints. Teddy's problem was not that he didnt know the playbook but that he was not aggressive enough when it mattered. Is that Brady's fault? No, but Brady recruited him so he does carry some of the responsibility of Teddy's performance. 

So 2021 has a full offseason with a QB that is known to be aggressive. Im optimistic that Sam plays to a high level. But the question is if he doesn't, then what? I think its worth taking a hard look at the Brady to see if he is the guy we want to develop a new rookie is Sam tanks. 

Ok cool. 

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we fired Brady after giving him two seasons with Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold, God help us getting any offensive mind worth a plug nickel to even interview for his vacated position.

the worrisome part is....HCs do in fact sacrifice coordinators to buy themselves time when expectations aren't met.  The football gods require sacrifice.   Rhule has super long ties to the DC. 

Hot seat is premature but he definitely has as much to prove as anyone else. He did indeed heavily lobby for Bridgewater. But he wasn't the one throwing passes and Teddy was too timid. That being said the redzone offense left a lot to be desired as did some of the calls late in games. But based on us adding Dan Arnold taking Terrace Marshall and then drafting Chuba Hubbard I would say scoring should be much improved this year if not yes some criticism is warranted.

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hot seat is premature but he definitely has as much to prove as anyone else. He did indeed heavily lobby for Bridgewater. But he wasn't the one throwing passes and Teddy was too timid. That being said the redzone offense left a lot to be desired as did some of the calls late in games. But based on us adding Dan Arnold taking Terrace Marshall and then drafting Chuba Hubbard I would say scoring should be much improved this year if not yes some criticism is warranted.

Agreed. I am glad to have him back but his playcalling left a lot to be desired last season. He wasn't bad but far, far from perfect. 

Hopefully he keeps improving like our young players do.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hot seat? Heavens, no 😕

I'd agree with the idea that he might be a tad overhyped (likely due to the Sean McVay effect) but he's legitimately good. 

IMO, our Red Zone ails were mostly on Teddy. As a 6 year Vet, he should know when a play is doomed to fail. Instead he'd run that play, and have an excuse. If he had balls, he would have run an audible to a play he actual thought might work.

As a Vet, you have to be the man. Either, call TO, or change the play. But by all means. Don't run a play that is doomed to fail.