• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

seth meyers pace yourself GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Let's let them get some actual games under their belt first. I don't like saddling a bunch of rookies with unfair expectations. Remember it took Samuel a few seasons to really hit his stride. 

Marshall is one of the few rookie wr I’d put expectations on. Having Brady as the  OC and already being familiar with the playbook is just an added bonus. I said when he was drafted I expected him to make an impact year 1. My favorite pick of the draft.

• Pie 2

We have a lot of pure football types and I love it.

A few non-rookie names I'm quite keen on:

• Jermaine Carter Jr. - I think will be a starter
  • Marquis Haynes - Has improved steadily every year, crowded line but he makes plays
  • Morgan Fox - yes please.  He's possibly my favorite addition this year FA wise
  • Omar Bayless - Do not sleep on this man folks 
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Marshall is one of the few rookie wr I’d put expectations on. Having Brady as the  OC and already being familiar with the playbook is just an added bonus. I said when he was drafted I expected him to make an impact year 1. My favorite pick of the draft.

I understand the thought process but still would caution that he is a rookie and this is the NFL. Traditionally rookie WR's tend to struggle. I just don't like to see runaway expectations for young players that lead to unwarranted fan disappointment. Glad to see him making some plays in TC but I am not going to get too excited or upset until he has a few games under his belt. 

20 minutes ago, saX man said:

Morgan Fox - yes please.  He's possibly my favorite addition this year FA wise

Besides Reddick, he's my favorite addition to the D. I think he'll surprise some folks. My overall favorite, though, is Dan Arnold. He's legit and he's gonna get lots of 1st downs and score lots of TDs.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Sounds like our DBs are already getting roasted

I'm not overly concerned about it, yet. It's highlights. Those plays are going to be more exciting to post/talk about. I've also read that our DLine has had to pull up many times because they busted through the line, but since its practice, the play continued. That pass rush will help the coverage.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1