• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day!

Captain Morgan

lots of talk about us trading down.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

The Hornets have discussed trading down with the Thunder (no. 16), Knicks (19 and 21), and Hawks (20), league sources say. The target for that selection would differ for each team. Moody is the safe pick here at this time; he’s young, but he could contribute early in his career due to his NBA-ready skills. Wherever he lands, Moody has promise.

And ESPN is reporting the first pick will be Cade Cunningham.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31912867/sources-detroit-pistons-select-oklahoma-state-cade-cunningham-no-1-pick-nba-draft

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Pie 1

Scenario 1) - We package Monk (sign&trade) + #11 to the Pacers = Myles Turner
Scenario 2) - We draft one of the 2nd tier guys at #11
Scenario 3) - I think if none of the "2nd tier" guys we are targeting aren't there = we trade down with OKC for #16 + #18 and pick up two of the "3rd tier" guys.. Kai Jones + Cam Thomas

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Scenario 1) - We package Monk (sign&trade) + #11 to the Pacers = Myles Turner
Scenario 2) - We draft one of the 2nd tier guys at #11
Scenario 3) - I think if none of the "2nd tier" guys we are targeting aren't there = we trade down with OKC for #16 + #18 and pick up two of the "3rd tier" guys.. Kai Jones + Cam Thomas

I would do option 1 in a heartbeat

Totally soured on Jones or Thomas.  Kispert or Duarte and Bassey would be my targets with those OKC picks.

Edited by Shocker

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Crazy how well the NFL has marketed it's draft versus all the other pro leagues. I honestly had no clue the NBA draft was being held today.

Partly marketing but I think it's more just the nature of the impact that players in the draft can have immediately in the pros. NFL rookies from any round can have a serious impact from day 1, and most 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to have some impact from day 1.

MLB I don't follow much but my understanding is no draft picks have any impact until years and years down the road.

NHL is similar, the top picks can play immediately but it's not uncommon to see a top 5 pick not play in the NHL for 2-3+ years. Later picks almost never contribute until several years later.

NBA can have superstar prospects contribute immediately very high in the draft, but rarely are non-lottery picks in the 1st round immediate contributors as starters or superstars and 2nd round picks never are.

22 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

non-related, but also

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
· 13m
The Lakers are near a deal to acquire Washington's Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a 2021 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Kuzma Out

40 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Agreed. Not a fan of Jones. I'd take Bassey or DayRon Sharpe.

I think Sharpe will go higher than expected but as a Heels fan I have seen him a lot.  You are picking him because of motor and rebounding.  He is extremely raw offensively.  Big dude but right now he isn't better than Biz.  Could be later but not really coordinated and lacks a feel for the game bigtime.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I think Sharpe will go higher than expected but as a Heels fan I have seen him a lot.  You are picking him because of motor and rebounding.  He is extremely raw offensively.  Big dude but right now he isn't better than Biz.  Could be later but not really coordinated and lacks a feel for the game bigtime.

Yes…but he could be a big time rebounder…I’d look at him if the situation is right