• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day!

Captain Morgan

7 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

We do - you probably can't bring Graham back. I think he's going to command every bit of that cap space.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

We also have 5 centers on the roster currently. Don't have space for another Center body on the roster without moving one.

Let Graham walk if he wants anything over 8mil a year.. He is a backup PG.. If he can get more let him go.. Alot cheap FA point guards out there as well..

You have 1 C on the roster right now who has played NBA minutes.. Reality.. You're not going into the season like that.. Kai is spending most of his season in Greensboro.. I'm willing to bet on that.. 

Just my opinion they are bringing in another FA big and not depend on Nic and Vernon yet..

Edited by WOW!!

21 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I hope we bring back Graham too.. $10m a year for 3-4 years sounds about right

John Hollinger is projecting 3 years for Graham at close to $19M!!

I don't think he will command that much. Absurd lol.

I do think he will be every bit of $13-14M per year for his next contract though. That would fill up the roster and eat up the rest of the cap space.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let Graham walk if he wants anything over 8mil a year.. He is a backup PG.. If he can get more let him go.. Alot cheap FA point guards out there as well..

Want is one thing. I think teams will absolutely be willing to GIVE it to him.

I agree a little bit on where you're coming from with Devonte, but that type of player is extremely valuable in a 7 game playoff series. I guarantee that Phoenix would have much rather had Devonte over Cameron Payne and Milwaukee would have definitely rather had him than Jeff Teague.

I put value on the off court benefit Devonte provides too. Big culture boost for the team. I think $13-14M is fair for 3 years.

9 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

Want is one thing. I think teams will absolutely be willing to GIVE it to him.

I agree a little bit on where you're coming from with Devonte, but that type of player is extremely valuable in a 7 game playoff series. I guarantee that Phoenix would have much rather had Devonte over Cameron Payne and Milwaukee would have definitely rather had him than Jeff Teague.

I put value on the off court benefit Devonte provides too. Big culture boost for the team. I think $13-14M is fair for 3 years.

I disagree.. I know they like Graham but Mitch is to smart (I believe) to handcuff the team for a backup guard.. Miles is a priority now.. You can't give Graham that much money and hope to build a team around Lamelo... 

Team construction right now is very important now that you have a star .. Mitch can't screw this up going with a loyalty move and not a smart move...

Edited by WOW!!

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I disagree.. I know they like Graham but Mitch is to smart (I believe) to handcuff the team for a backup guard.. Miles is a priority now.. You can't give Graham that much money and hope to build a team around Lamelo... 

Don't forget that Charlotte is projected to have over $20M coming off the books next off season.

Terry, the Martins and McDaniels all expire. They'll have the money to pay for Miles.

The year after that, Plumlee and Batum's stretch will roll off freeing up $16M. PJW is the extension candidate there.

After that would be Devonte's hypothetical extension and Hayward's contracts rolling off just in time for the LaMelo max.

The money is spaced out enough to where they can keep key guys even if they extend Graham for $13M this offseason.

28 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

A non lottery pick 1st round for a guy this year who was considered in the same spot... If the team sucks you lose nothing.. If the teams good you're really not wanting to add another young player anyway... At that point you're looking at adding a Fa to take you over the top...

Not that hard to understand...

Calm down man…jeez

33 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

Don't forget that Charlotte is projected to have over $20M coming off the books next off season.

Terry, the Martins and McDaniels all expire. They'll have the money to pay for Miles.

The year after that, Plumlee and Batum's stretch will roll off freeing up $16M. PJW is the extension candidate there.

After that would be Devonte's hypothetical extension and Hayward's contracts rolling off just in time for the LaMelo max.

The money is spaced out enough to where they can keep key guys even if they extend Graham for $13M this offseason.

Good point...But I'm still not paying a backup guard.. That's not good team building..