• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Core

MHS831

Not, 'The Corps' you bunch of Jarheads.

Who is the core?  Sure, you can make a list of the best players, but the core has to consider cap.  So you basically have about 3-4 players on each side of the ball.  The rest are fluid.

So I will attempt this without cheating, and if you disagree, you are not a real Panther fan.  To increase the level of difficulty, I will do this anticipating 2021-2024 and rank players in order.  I will base this on what we know, not what we hope.

OFFENSE

1.  CMC, RB

2. DJ Moore, WR

3. Moton, RT

DEFENSE

1. Burns, DE

2. Chinn, S, LB

3. Brown DT

4. Horn, CB*

While Horn has yet to take a snap, he has all the makings and the bloodline to be elite, so I am going to go ahead and put him here.  If you disagree, you shall be shunned.

Names to watch:
Darnold, QB

Marshall, WR

DID YOU KNOW?: 2 of the Panthers' top players on the "Core" list had fathers who played WR in the NFL, but these 2?

Remember, I have EXPLORER status. 

image.png.9cc22be8b6a9430ebde531128f0286d9.png

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Not, 'The Corps' you bunch of Jarheads.

Who is the core?  Sure, you can make a list of the best players, but the core has to consider cap.  So you basically have about 3-4 players on each side of the ball.  The rest are fluid.

So I will attempt this without cheating, and if you disagree, you are not a real Panther fan.  To increase the level of difficulty, I will do this anticipating 2021-2024 and rank players in order.  I will base this on what we know, not what we hope.

OFFENSE

1.  CMC, RB

2. DJ Moore, WR

3. Moton, RT

DEFENSE

1. Burns, DE

2. Chinn, S, LB

3. Brown DT

4. Horn, CB*

While Horn has yet to take a snap, he has all the makings and the bloodline to be elite, so I am going to go ahead and put him here.  If you disagree, you shall be shunned.

Names to watch:
Darnold, QB

Marshall, WR

DID YOU KNOW?: 2 of the Panthers' top players on the "Core" list had fathers who played WR in the NFL, but these 2

Remember, I have EXPLORER status. 

image.png.9cc22be8b6a9430ebde531128f0286d9.png

Corps is the right word if talking about an entire specific position group. Just sayin'.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

DID YOU KNOW?: 2 of the Panthers' top players on the "Core" list had fathers who played WR in the NFL, but these 2?

are CMC and Horn..... not sure you wanted an answer.. 🤔

I agree with your post. Nothing to add. Time will tell.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Burns, CMC, Moton

Jury is still out on everyone else.

With that being said I liked what I saw out of Brown and Chinn in their rookie seasons, but to be considered they need to take that second year jump that I expect them to.

Seriously? 

No Moore??

Every week there is a new thread about how amazing he is NFL-wide, be it passes caught, having the most receiving yards per year over the last few season, or tackles missed.

Even his own team's fanbase severely undervalues him.

Edited by cardiackat88.
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Seriously? 

No Moore??

Every week there is a new thread about how amazing he is NFL-wide, be it passes caught, having the most receiving yards per year over the last few season, or tackles missed.

Even his own team's fanbase severely undervalues him.

doh

I would add Moore, that was my bad

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, glitchh8 said:

EXPLORER, is that what comes after Eagle scout? 

Probably--I never was a scout.

38 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Lol wasn't trying to bust your balls.

I could have been nice bro, sorry.

AU is a flawed human being.  We are working with him, however, to make him like us.  Totally destroyed.