• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold was responsible for 11.0% of total pressures

SBBlue

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

11th is still borderline middle of the pack though. I don't see much significance in this.

Yeah, I don't know how significant it is.  

They did have a ton of pressures, so knowing that Sam wasn't the cause of ~90% of them is a good thing.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s kind of pointless because he also made bad decisions… So he got rid of the ball quickly but it’s wasn’t always the right pass to make?

Lets say, that 90% of the pressures were his fault because he held on too long... bringing him here won't help as much.

I wouldn't say pointless, but it just supports what we already suspected, that his pressures were due to bad o-line play.

You're right, this is not anything to get excited about.

Edited by SBBlue

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Lets say, that 90% of the pressures were his fault because he held on too long... bringing him here won't help as much.

I wouldn't say pointless, but it just supports what we already suspected, that his pressures were due to bad o-line play.

You're right, this is not anything to get excited about.

I will say he does seem to avoid pressure pretty well and extend plays with his legs. Lords knows he got plenty of chances to do so in NY.

• Pie 1

I had not heard that holding the ball too long was a knock on him it was correctly deciding where to go with it. Once you get to that it becomes a question of how often did he go through his reads. That would offer us a better sense of the relevance of data like this.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

I had not heard that holding the ball too long was a knock on him it was correctly deciding where to go with it. Once you get to that it becomes a question of how often did he go through his reads. That would offer us a better sense of the relevance of data like this.

Its not something you hear about anybody.  Who tops the list for causing the most pressure?

idk

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I'm curious where Teddy would be in that list too. He probably got the ball out quicker than most.

I'm spouting this from memory, and in a vacuum the numbers probably don't mean much.

The league average time to release was right at 2.75 seconds.  Darnold's was 2.85 seconds.  Teddy was right about 2.6, I think, and if I remember right he was fourth or so.  I remember his time was in line with but a little faster than Brees.

I say the numbers don't mean much in a vacuum because a QB with a strong, clean pocket for 2.75 seconds is a lot different than a guy running for his life to get it off in 2.85 seconds.

For comparison, Mayfield's was the longest at around 3.2.  If my memory is correct, Mahomes was a shade under 3. 

Haskins was the fastest, I think.  Of course, you don't need much time to make a lousy decision. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2