• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold was responsible for 11.0% of total pressures

SBBlue

He had no dump off CMC type, and his WR's couldn't often get separation so that probably should factor in. He still has to clean up the hero ball interceptions and footwork. At least he isn't afraid to air it out to a wide open Moore or Anderson a la Teddy, making for more entertaining football since it's just a game

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Would you consider our OL worse than last year?  Who did we lose and who did we add?

On paper is is probably worse. Okung, despite being missing for most of the year was leaps and bounds better than whatever we are considering for LT(assuming Moton stays at RT). The OG's guards are either a push or worse. 

IMO, there is a very high probability we are worse than last year along the starting line but better at the backup slots.

Edited by kungfoodude

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

On paper is is probably worse. Okung, despite being misidentified for most of the year was leaps and bounds better than whatever we are considering for LT(assuming Moton stays at RT). The OG's guards are either a push or worse. 

IMO, there is a very high probability we are worse than last year along the starting line but better at the backup slots.

Erving had fewer penalties and sacks per snap than Okung last year with only 8 pressures in five games in Dallas.  

I'm not saying Erving was awesome.  I'm saying Okung wasn't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

On paper is is probably worse. Okung, despite being missing for most of the year was leaps and bounds better than whatever we are considering for LT(assuming Moton stays at RT). The OG's guards are either a push or worse. 

Take Okung out of the equation, because he really didn't play much last year.

Who did we actually lose and how did we actually add?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

At LT:

Scott started the Bucs2, Lions, Packers and WFT.
LIttle started Falcons2, Cardinals, Chargers.
Daley started Chiefs game but exited the game and LIttle finished.
Okung started 7 games: Raiders,  Bucs1, Falcons1, Bears, Saints1, Vikings and Broncos.
Schoefield started the 2nd Saints game.

We lost Okung and Schoefield.  We may lose Little.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well he is likely to be behind one if the worst OL's he has ever had, so I don't know how exciting that stat is.

It’s way too early to tell. I think Elf will be good in our system. If Christiansen is legit we should be better than last year (where we were middle of the pack). 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

At LT:

Scott started the Bucs2, Lions, Packers and WFT.
LIttle started Falcons2, Cardinals, Chargers.
Daley started Chiefs game but exited the game and LIttle finished.
Okung started 7 games: Raiders,  Bucs1, Falcons1, Bears, Saints1, Vikings and Broncos.
Schoefield started the 2nd Saints game.

We lost Okung and Schoefield.  We may lose Little.

Okung was just ok and he kept our line in limbo with his injuries. The best lines stay healthy and form chemistry. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Of course not, you'd have to be smart to do that.

Please enlighten the Huddle.  Explain to us how Okung played better for the Panthers than Oher.

Well, I have functioning eyeballs and a brain. It does help. 

Similarly, I actually watched our games.

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

We added basically nothing and lost little if you don't include Okung. 

So, I suppose if you don't include him it is a push. And it was a much, much worse line than some of the stats even indicate because of Teddy.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s way too early to tell. I think Elf will be good in our system. If Christiansen is legit we should be better than last year (where we were middle of the pack). 

I think we made a huge upgrade in our two deep but basically no upgrade in our starting OL. This is, of course, all theoretical. They have taken no actual snaps as a unit yet.