• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me how you are feeling about the Hornets now.

Zod

4 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

That is a pretty apples to oranges comparison to make - Monk was only a jump shooter coming out not really a "scorer" or starting caliber SG.  He had 1 year at Kentucky with alot of "potential" but he wasn't ready to start.  Bouknight is an all-around proven SG and scorer instead of just a streaky shooter.  He is much further along than Monk was at the draft....and hopefully mature enough not to smoke and get suspended every year.

Call it apple to oranges if you like. I saw enough people making the comparison or saying this is what Monk was supposed to have been last night that the feeling stuck.

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

It's gonna be a fun team to watch.  Draft day was exciting too.  Thor, Jones and Bouknight have potential.  Plumlee is a better version of Zeller.  Hornets are buzz worthy.  

agreed...except for the plumlee part...hes not that good...but maybe he can at least stay on the court...and hes cheaper

14 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Mitch Kupchak is working on getting a statue downtown after he is finished here..

In the blink of an eye Mitch will be 70yrs old...

...any word who he's grooming to be his successor?

(akin to what Jerry West did with him)

Suns and Bucks GM's were 40 and 38...

8 hours ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Jordan needs him to stay in Charlotte for a very long time so he now realizes that he has to build a young team around this kid and make him happy in order for him to stay after his contract his up.

If you were handicapping  the stay/go odds for Ball where would you put them?

17 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

70% Lamelo leaves and 30% he stays. He has shown that he will make his own decisions and not have Lavar make it for him unlike Lonzo, but the kid is very smart. He knows how to make money and will go to a bigger market if Jordan doesn’t do everything he can to better this franchise and Melo. Jordan better be able to bring in a big name free agent or Melo is gone. Melo is probably going to be able to hand picked his next head coach. Borrego is not the answer. 

The Russian Judge gives you 10.0's across the board 🧨💥

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

Mitch said something, something that changed my perception of LaMelo and Hornets players in general.

He said players like living in Charlotte so most of them are at the facility Monday thru Friday+ in the off-season.

Charlotte has become a lifestyle choice for the up and coming. THAT hasn't been the case in prior years. Players would be gone in the off-season.

This change says a lot to the growth and entertainment value the city has built in and around itself and that in the future becomes a competitive advantage we'd lacked in the past.

So will Melo sign two more contracts with the Hornets? I'd say it's more likely now than ever.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

That was one thing I was concern about watching the Bouknight and Kai introduction. Mitch is aging and appears to be very fragile now since his days in LAL. He’s been here for only a short period of time but already is making a major difference. Rich Cho was so bad and Jordan is Jordan. I hope that Mitch brings in a guy to be his successor for this franchise. Please don’t let Jordan make that decision. 

Agreed.  

Mitch is getting a fair bit done, has exceeded my expectations -- credit where credit is due.  

But again, he's approaching 70 and from what I can tell the only guy in the bullpen is Buzz Peterson...ever heard Buzz conduct an interview?

An NBA "cycle" is about 8-years and Ball's arrival would represent year #1...

...Mitch won't be around to see the cycle through...

...major crossroads coming --- don't trust Jordan   

Edited by SizzleBuzz

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Mitch said something, something that changed my perception of LaMelo and Hornets players in general.

He said players like living in Charlotte so most of them are at the facility Monday thru Friday+ in the off-season.

Charlotte has become a lifestyle choice for the up and coming. THAT hasn't been the case in prior years. Players would be gone in the off-season.

This change says a lot to the growth and entertainment value the city has built in and around itself and that in the future becomes a competitive advantage we'd lacked in the past.

So will Melo sign two more contracts with the Hornets? I'd say it's more likely now than ever.

I think it’s all LaMelo tbh. A lot of the guys have said he’s an upbeat and infectious teammate, and the dude spends a ton of his time in the gym. Kid’s fun to be around and motivating the locker room with his actions.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:13 AM, Zod said:

As far as I could tell last season, Center was the biggest need. Just not an adequate big man there to anchor the team. I think I saw where the Hornets traded for a center. Talk to me about where my excitement level should be at this point. 

Upgraded to a solid vet at center and brought in more athletic targets for Ball. Get hyped, especially if Gordon can stay healthy.