Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Rhule on QB (Darnold) & my translation.


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Everybody but the Jets, who confirmed that they strongly considered keeping Darnold. 

Who the Jets were claiming to take is irrelevant, any QB needy team had to operate on the assumption they were going to take a QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Are you referring to the Joe Person sources say leak about Jones and Lance? I have not seen the Panthers big board have you? So I can't say definitively what they would have done. But based on confirmed desperation before the draft I can make an educated guess that qb or a trade up would have been under consideration.

Actually, yeah. Rhule broke it down on Panthers Confidential. 

Neither Fields nor Lance was on it. And there was pretty extensive discussion of that fact on here right after the episode premiered. 

Edited by Mr. Scot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You have a hard time believing that different personnel people could have different opinions on a prospect? 🤔

No, what I think is that if we weren't interested in Lance, then it wasn't because he wasn't a good fit. It could have been that they didn't want to take, or have, the time to develop him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

No, what I think is that if we weren't interested in Lance, then it wasn't because he wasn't a good fit. It could have been that they didn't want to take, or have, the time to develop him. 

See above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Actually yeah, on Panthers Confidential. 

Neither Fields nor Lance was on it. 

Remind me was that from draft night or released later after the fact? This new Panthers team is very deliberate about what they release so I'm skeptical they would show their hand even after the fact without knowing what they were doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe we liked 2 QBs, maybe we liked 3, once we beat WFT and ended up with the 8th pick it didn't matter.  There was no way you could go into the draft hoping one of your top 2 or 3 fell to you. Nobody with half a brain expected QB3 to make it to 8.

 At that point we started to look at QBs already in the league.  First Stafford and then Darnold.  Once we invested in Darnold then realistic QBs were pretty much out of consideration on draft night.

Unless you are Rhule or Fitterer there is really no way to say definitively what would have happened if we would have ended up with pick 3.  Trying to say that Fields would have in no way been considered based on second hand tweets is ludicrous.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Remind me was that from draft night or released later after the fact? This new Panthers team is very deliberate about what they release so I'm skeptical they would show their hand even after the fact without knowing what they were doing.

Filmed prior to the draft, released after.

And for the record, the Panthers under Tepper love releasing behind the scenes stuff. The tight lipped approach was under Richardson. 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually yeah, on Panthers Confidential. 

Neither Fields nor Lance was on it. 

At that point Darnold was already invested in.  Big board at 8 with Darnold on the team would probably look different that big board at 3 without Darnold on the team.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above. 

I would look it up if I were that interested. All I know is that Lance is developing pretty nicely so far in San Fran. He's not necessarily going to start, bit he's making strides, if nothing else but mentally. He's developing his pocket presence as opposed to just defaulting to his legs. He's displaying the kind of traits that speak to his adaptability to any system, so it wouldn't be the first time a staff has been wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe we liked 2 QBs, maybe we liked 3, once we beat WFT and ended up with the 8th pick it didn't matter.  There was no way you could go into the draft hoping one of your top 2 or 3 fell to you. Nobody with half a brain expected QB3 to make it to 8.

 At that point we started to look at QBs already in the league.  First Stafford and then Darnold.  Once we invested in Darnold then realistic QBs were pretty much out of consideration on draft night.

Unless you are Rhule or Fitterer there is really no way to say definitively what would have happened if we would have ended up with pick 3.  Trying to say that Fields would have in no way been considered based on second hand tweets is ludicrous.

Believing something happened based on your own uninformed ideas rather than actual sourced material is what's truly ludicrous.

Not sure what you expect to gain by crying "The Panthers liked the quarterback I did even though they didn't take him, damn it!"

But hey, you be you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Filmed prior to the draft, released after.

And for the record, the Panthers under Tepper love releasing behind the scenes stuff. The tight lipped approach was under Richardson. 

Right but I don't think they release that without considering all the angles is what I'm getting at. The Panthers media team is on a different level now. Even still the board with an already acquired Darnold would likely look different than without. Carolina showed what they were willing to part with for a veteran starter so who can say what they would have done if Darnold were not available and what the board would have looked like 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, frankw said:

Right but I don't think they release that without considering all the angles is what I'm getting at. The Panthers media team is on a different level now. Even still the board with an already acquired Darnold would likely look different than without. Carolina showed what they were willing to part with for a veteran starter so who can say what they would have done if Darnold were not available and what the board would have looked like 🤷‍♂️

If that makes you feel better 🙄

Pretty obvious you haven't watched the video (it's still online) but again, believing your own wild theories over actual sources is kind of silly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Believing something happened based on your own uninformed ideas rather than actual sourced material is what's truly ludicrous.

Not sure what you expect to gain by crying "The Panthers liked the quarterback I did even though they didn't take him, damn it!"

But hey, you be you. 

I was speculating on a different outcome based on a different draft position, your informed sources really were not commenting on that.

Not to mention how often you do have to be wrong after taking your select "informed" sources so literly before you start applying some simple logic?

buy hey, you be you

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Right but I don't think they release that without considering all the angles is what I'm getting at. The Panthers media team is on a different level now. Even still the board with an already acquired Darnold would likely look different than without. Carolina showed what they were willing to part with for a veteran starter so who can say what they would have done if Darnold were not available and what the board would have looked like 🤷‍♂️

Man I REALLY wanted us to draft Fields, but our staff was and is all in on Darnold at least for this year…  There were leaks Tepper liked Fields, but even if they are true he is clearly letting Rhule and Fitts call the shots for now.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...