• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on QB (Darnold) & my translation.

top dawg

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on what I've read from various sources, Tepper believed in Fields.

Rhule and Fitterer? Not so much. 

Ultimately, the way things are structured, it was not Tepper's decision. 

The difference between Tepper and Snyder is Snyder was the one who reportedly wanted Haskins, and by golly, they were drafting Haskins.  Despite the fact that the people hired to know about that stuff didn't want him.

Tepper may have wanted Fields, but when the people he hired to make those calls made them, they drafted somebody else.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Ultimately, the way things are structured, it was not Tepper's decision. 

The difference between Tepper and Snyder is Snyder was the one who reportedly wanted Haskins, and by golly, they were drafting Haskins.  Despite the fact that the people hired to know about that stuff didn't want him.

Tepper may have wanted Fields, but when the people he hired to make those calls made them, they drafted somebody else.

Which is how it should be. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

If people want to criticize the outcomes of decisions I get it, but to think that somehow this one flew under Rhule’s radar, who from what I can tell from a distance, is a compulsive worker and student of the game, blew my mind a little bit.

I didn’t intend for it to turn into all this 

also would like to mention that there are holes and merits to the arguments made against the decisions made but at a certain point it becomes conjecture and i don’t want to open that bag of worms

Unfortunately, that is how it goes around here. Folks disagree with you and try and change your mind. When at first it doesn't succeed, they double down. They just have to convert you to their stance. And Viola, you get this.

At least it's been civil. So you got that going for you. lol

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Unfortunately, that is how it goes around here. Folks disagree with you and try and change your mind. When at first it doesn't succeed, they double down. They just have to convert you to their stance. And Viola, you get this.

The people (assuming they are not bots) involved in this thread may have some strong opinions, but I have not known them to get crazy, even when people (assuming they are not bots) got crazy with them.  Now there are some others who, if they join in the fun, will get the thread locked.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person and others. 

Our not attending his second workout was also a hint. 

Perhaps, but at that point, we probably knew that it was a waste of time anyway, as the 49ers were already all-in, and we didn't want to spend the draft capital and decided that there was a better value.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Lol I mean I was kind of being a dick by calling out linville, I could of just read it and kept it moving, so there’s definitely opportunities for growth there on my part.

That being said I’m bowing out boys/girls.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The people (assuming they are not bots) involved in this thread may have some strong opinions, but I have not known them to get crazy, even when people (assuming they are not bots) got crazy with them.  Now there are some others who, if they join in the fun, will get the thread locked.

When it is a civil conversation, I'm in. When It gets crazy? I watch from the sidelines. lol

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Jorgie said:

Lol I mean I was kind of being a dick by calling out linville, I could of just read it and kept it moving, so there’s definitely opportunities for growth there on my part.

That being said I’m bowing out boys/girls.

It's all good. People can disagree. It'd be a boring circle jerk I'd everyone agreed about everything.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Rhule is a great college coach.  But there are lots of great college coaches that won't make it in the NFL.  Different animal.   Rhule has never built teams and won in the manner required to in the NFL though. 

Saban went right back to college when he couldn't get a QB in Miami.   No QB?  Saban said it was impossible to win in the NFL and he wasn't hanging around without it.   Miami opted to bring in Teddy/Darnold types.  He said bye bye. 

Great QBs are rare.  So when you have a chance to possibly grab one you need to take the shot.  Love or hate Fields.....that was one of those lotto tickets a team without a QB has to take. NFL runs through the QB. 

Saban ran back to college because his little Napoleon complex doesn't fly with millionaire athletes. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Saban ran back to college because his little Napoleon complex doesn't fly with millionaire athletes. 

That may be true. But it does fit the profile. IMO, he is a narcissists, who cannot stomach the thought of his name not being associated with winning. And in the NFL, he wasn't winning enough.

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I was thinking the same thing, but you said it oh so much more colorfully.

At least Rhule seems more open-minded. He's certainly more of genuine team builder IMHO. Not that he doesn't know what to do with it, but Saban gets the best.