• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on QB (Darnold) & my translation.

top dawg

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I was speculating on a different outcome based on a different draft position, your informed sources really were not commenting on that.

Not to mention how often you do have to be wrong after taking your select "informed" sources so literly before you start applying some simple logic?

buy hey, you be you

We'll, let's just say for me to take your opinions more seriously than those of people with actual access to the team would take...a lot

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Man I REALLY wanted us to draft Fields, but our staff was and is all in on Darnold at least for this year…  There were leaks Tepper liked Fields, but even if they are true he is clearly letting Rhule and Fitts call the shots for now.

This...is a rational take. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If that makes you feel better 🙄

Pretty obvious you haven't watched the video (it's still online) but again, believing your own wild theories over actual sources is kind of silly. 

To start the offseason Darnold was option C at best. That's fact not a wild theory.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually it's an opinion, but not knowing the difference between facts and opinions is kind of a common theme here. 

So it was all a dream that we were willing to give up the farm for Stafford and Watson first? 🤔

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule might be starting to get it. It's a QB driven league, period. You either have a QB who allows you to compete or you don't have a chance at winning championships.

He's not "starting to get it".   Rhule has "got it" all along.  If he didn't, he would have stuck with Teddy.  He honestly believes Sam can do it.  Believe it or not, some of us here believe Sam COULD ACTUALLY do it.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

He's not "starting to get it".   Rhule has "got it" all along.  If he didn't, he would have stuck with Teddy.  He honestly believes Sam can do it.  Believe it or not, some of us here believe Sam COULD ACTUALLY do it.  

He believed Teddy could do it too.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

So it was all a dream that we were willing to give up the farm for Stafford and Watson first? 🤔

See, here's a good chance to illustrate that "fact vs opinion" thing...

What we were willing to offer for Stafford was our first round pick plus a later round pick. Whether or not that constitutes "giving up the farm" is a matter of opinion but I think most folks would probably say "no".

Shortly after that , we called the Jets about Darnold. Their response was that they weren't deciding anything until they'd had a chance to evaluate all the available prospects but they'd keep in touch if they went that direction. 

As to Watson, that never rose above the level of speculation and rumor. The only thing of any substance that was ever reported was that we were interested in general, but since the Texans weren't listening to offers we weren't pursuing anything.

You see, when you read the actual reports, you don't have to dream up scenarios. 

Edited by Mr. Scot

39 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

a lot, as in logic?

this is pointless

Listening to a fan who doesn't have access over insiders who do doesn't exactly strike me as "logic". 

I get that you want to be taken seriously and thought of as smart, but this isn't a good path to that. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Still pushing that same discredited narrative? 

(did David Tepper ever come back to the room?) 

Just because you don’t endorse it doesn’t make it a discredited view. 

and it in real time it was discussed.  Back when I supported going after Sam Darnold because of the corner Carolina was backed into (they made it impossible to keep Teddy and the talk at that time was all QBs could be gone).