• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two or Three QBs, what difference does it make?

top dawg

11 hours ago, kass said:

I think the Little pick was a trade up. Gave up the third round pick to select a handfull of picks earlier in the second round.

Edit. Rumors here had It he even tried to trade back into the first to get Little but couldnt find a trade partner. 

Yes I was referring to the attempt to move into the first for Little. Some here will try to convince you that Tepper left Hurney in charge of all the decision making after firing Ron and paying a new head coach 60 million but I don't see it. I think they gave him a chance to see how his input would mesh with Rhule but ultimately it was Matt pulling the lever. When Bridgewater was shown to be a disaster of an acquisition they had the perfect scapegoat and off Hurney went.

14 hours ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

That GM, Marty Hurney was fired a season too late because Tepper was making the decision. If Hurney had more power than Rhule last season which he clearly didn’t, Hurney would’ve traded up for Justin Herbert. Rhule is still up for debate. Just a college coach with a lot of potential that hasn’t proven anything in the big league. Rhule clearly doesn’t believe in having a franchise QB. He didn’t want Herbert and passed on Justin Fields the very next draft. Time will tell.

I was agreeing with you until the next to the last sentence. Real personnel decisions, during the draft or otherwise, aren't a Madden game. It's a situational cost-value analysis that sometimes require decisions made on the fly. One perspective is to look at which puzzle pieces will make your team better overall. 

You can't say that "Rhule clearly doesn't believe in having a franchise QB", based upon the FO not trading up for Herbert or passing on Fields. That's false! 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I was agreeing with you until the next to the last sentence. Real personnel decisions, during the draft or otherwise, aren't a Madden game. It's a situational cost-value analysis that sometimes require decisions made on the fly. One perspective is to look at which puzzle pieces will make your team better overall. 

You can't say that "Rhule clearly doesn't believe in having a franchise QB", based upon the FO not trading up for Herbert or passing on Fields. That's false! 

I agree.  Whether you agree with Darnold or not the fact they cut bait with TB so quick and traded assets for Darnold does mean he places huge value in having a franchise QB.

The team was so focused on making sure they made a change at QB they traded for Darnold because they new at 8 there was a very good chance no QB would be there.

Same with not trading up for Herbert, we spent a good amount of cap to get TB.

Not doing something well isn't the same as not doing anything at all.

The team has tried to find a QB, just didn't' work the first time.  We will find out about the second one here soon.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree.  Whether you agree with Darnold or not the fact they cut bait with TB so quick and traded assets for Darnold does mean he places huge value in having a franchise QB.

The team was so focused on making sure they made a change at QB they traded for Darnold because they new at 8 there was a very good chance no QB would be there.

Same with not trading up for Herbert, we spent a good amount of cap to get TB.

Not doing something well isn't the same as not doing anything at all.

The team has tried to find a QB, just didn't' work the first time.  We will find out about the second one here soon.

Yeah, people can prance around like roosters in a pen when they guess right about this or that player, but none of us know for certainty how any QB in this year's draft (or last year's, really) is going to turn out. It's not like we were sitting in the catbird seat at draft time. Burrough and Goldilocks were never realistic for us. And, crow as they might, no one knew that Herbert would come in and look as legit as he did when Taylor (or whoever it was went down), and no one knows for certainty how Wilson, Lance, Fields or Jones will play out. Moreover, no one knows how Darnold is going to play out here. Now, of course, people form their opinions based upon this and that, and someone will ultimately be right or wrong to varying degrees, but still no one can be certain. It just isn't possible. That being said, if Fields (or Jones for that matter) turns out to be in the conversation of the GOAT, or even decidedly better than Darnold--and I mean markedly or obviously--or better than a Darnold-Horn combination, then people have the right to unleash a tirade of consternation and all the criticism of Rhule and company that they want. That will actually speak to errors in judgement or management, but it still won't speak to value judgments about their desire for a franchise QB. 

I'll give people their time to cockadoodledoo! But that time isn't now. And it's not going to be based upon strawman fallacies, false equivalencies or any such  bullsh¡t!

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

As long as you use it as an opinion, then it's fine.

As a fact? Nope.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

The panthers have the worst group of qbs in the nfl. What team is worse?  

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Agree, and idk who you could pick up for a backup.

That's the spirit guys. 

Look at the Giants, or Denver, or Miami. Look around, we are not the only team with question marks.

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

I'm pretty sure this is just the latest ID of one of our resident dumbsh-ts (maybe Trainwreck) 

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

That's the spirit guys. 

Look at the Giants, or Denver, or Miami. Look around, we are not the only team with question marks.

Two of those teams have a Lombardi trophy within the last decade to ease their pain at least. Carolina has one of the worst with nothing to show for it. Keep the dream alive though 👍