• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And now this...

I wouldn't mind going for this if they want less than a first. Maybe a 2nd and some change as I doubt they'd trade a guy who they picked that high for less. Had a mixed season last year but showed some flashes, athletic 6'1 player who runs a 4.39 and is predominantly a man corner which is what we want. Cap hit isn't bad since he's still on a rookie deal and if last year is any indication, whatever we give up Fit will mostly recoup through trade downs.

AJ is 29 and corners have a steep fall off not too disimiliar to that of RBs. Could have them compete this year and then have CJ assume the reigns once that decline inevitably happens.

Edited by beo
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, beo said:

I wouldn't mind going for this if they want less than a first. Maybe a 2nd and some change as I doubt they'd trade a guy who they picked that high for less. Had a mixed season last year but showed some flashes, athletic 6'1 player who runs a 4.39 and is predominantly a man corner which is what we want. Cap hit isn't bad since he's still on a rookie deal and if last year is any indication, whatever we give up Fit will mostly recoup through trade downs.

AJ is 29 and corners have a steep fall off not too disimiliar to that of RBs. Could have them compete this year and then have CJ assume the reigns once that decline inevitably happens.

We traded next year’s 2nd rounder to the Jets for Darnold. Would be nice to have two young potential shut down corners though.

• Pie 1

Apparently Zach Wilson totally blew it on Saturday 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/08/zach-wilson-struggles-in-simulated-game-at-metlife-stadium/

Via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, Wilson threw two interceptions and led the starting offense to only three points in seven possessions against the starting defense. He completed 11 of 24 passes for 112 yards.

So what did Wilson think of his showing?

“Not great,” Wilson said, via Cimini. “I have high expectations for myself and this offense. I have to lead the guys and I have to make better decisions. That’s why this isn’t game one. That’s why we’re doing this. I understand that. Of course I’m going to be frustrated with myself, but I’m going back to the film room and find out what I can learn.”

First-year coach Robert Saleh had a better assessment of Wilson’s first practice without offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur just a few feet away.

“There was no one to turn to for him to talk to,” Saleh said. “To have that experience, and to be able to go through it all, these moments are priceless for him. He had some good moments and, obviously, he had some rookie moments.”

A crowd of nearly 20,000 at MetLife Stadium showed patience with Wilson. Via Cimini, there was no booing.

“It’s all part of the process,” Wilson said. “We’re all learning. I’ve got to make better some decisions, but I know I can learn from all those. This is the reason we do this sort of thing.”

The Jets’ future franchise quarterback has five weeks to learn what he can before the Jets player their first game that counts, against former Jets’ future franchise quarterback, Sam Darnold. Wilson won’t have to worry about the home crowd booing him then, either; he makes his NFL debut on the road at Carolina.

31 minutes ago, NAS said:

Apparently Zach Wilson totally blew it on Saturday 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/08/zach-wilson-struggles-in-simulated-game-at-metlife-stadium/

Via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, Wilson threw two interceptions and led the starting offense to only three points in seven possessions against the starting defense. He completed 11 of 24 passes for 112 yards.

So what did Wilson think of his showing?

“Not great,” Wilson said, via Cimini. “I have high expectations for myself and this offense. I have to lead the guys and I have to make better decisions. That’s why this isn’t game one. That’s why we’re doing this. I understand that. Of course I’m going to be frustrated with myself, but I’m going back to the film room and find out what I can learn.”

First-year coach Robert Saleh had a better assessment of Wilson’s first practice without offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur just a few feet away.

“There was no one to turn to for him to talk to,” Saleh said. “To have that experience, and to be able to go through it all, these moments are priceless for him. He had some good moments and, obviously, he had some rookie moments.”

A crowd of nearly 20,000 at MetLife Stadium showed patience with Wilson. Via Cimini, there was no booing.

“It’s all part of the process,” Wilson said. “We’re all learning. I’ve got to make better some decisions, but I know I can learn from all those. This is the reason we do this sort of thing.”

The Jets’ future franchise quarterback has five weeks to learn what he can before the Jets player their first game that counts, against former Jets’ future franchise quarterback, Sam Darnold. Wilson won’t have to worry about the home crowd booing him then, either; he makes his NFL debut on the road at Carolina.

I tried to recall how Sam did at the same event….he did fine, but so did another rookie, one whose name you may recognize.

“The Jets unveiled their prized quarterback, and the third-overall pick in April’s draft, for his first public practice on Saturday night. And Darnold didn’t disappoint, working mostly with the third team. 

In his fourth practice since ending his holdout on Monday, Darnold continued to improve, looked comfortable within the offense and showed off his ability to throw an accurate ball on the run. 

“He’s grasping the offense pretty well,” Jets coach Todd Bowles said of Darnold, who completed 9 of 11 passes for 89 yards in the scrimmage. “It’s only been barely a week for him, so he’s getting better every day.”

But Darnold wasn’t the only rookie who stood out on Saturday night. Running back Trenton Cannon, a sixth-round pick out of Division II Virginia State continued to impress.”

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2018/08/04/jets-sam-darnold-not-only-rookie-who-stood-out-scrimmage/909198002/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

I know I read Jets had 20,000 people, and somewhere I seen that Packers had about 34,000 at their stadium the other day. But then I read we had like 42,000 is that true? It didn’t look like that many people were there but if so that’s crazy!

If you're asking about fan fest, I can't say it looked like ''that'' many people, but it was a good turn out I'd say.