• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy had accuracy and anticipation too.

Yeah, its meaningless if they don't know how and when to use it (like Teddy last season, especially downfield or in clutch situations)...  and that's just his take from that first day, and he has said he isn't a fan of scrambling QBs, so there's that.  And supposedly, Fields looked much better the next day.

All that being said, my personal take is I think they're gonna regret sticking with Tua.  I thought he was incredible pre-injury at Alabama, but ever since then, he doesn't look good at all to me.  Looks like he has less arm strength, not a mobile, and he seemed to have a much more pronounced wind up when I watched him last season compared to pre-injury in college.  I also didn't think he threw with any noticeable anticipation at all - in fact, it often looked like he would end up getting sacked or hit bc he held the ball too long.  But, everyone has their opinions, and Omar seems to believe in him.

As far as Fields, I've seen sources say he is absolutely killing it, and I've seen others that say he's not been as impressive as hoped.  So, who knows?

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So if we turn into a winning team this year it's luck? Not shrewd management and coaching?

It will take a few lucky breaks for us to be a good team this year, along with the good coaching and management that we already know we have.

Winning 9 games is about where I think we are...so that would be a "winning" team, but not really a good team...IMO.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

It will take a few lucky breaks for us to be a good team this year, along with the good coaching and management that we already know we have.

Winning 9 games is about where I think we are...so that would be a "winning" team, but not really a good team...IMO.

So, you are saying that a team, in the 2nd year of a rebuild, wins 9 games. And that isn't a "Good team"?

I guess we have different views on what constitutes a good team. Because to me. Any team that can win 9 games has to be pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, its meaningless if they don't know how and when to use it (like Teddy last season, especially downfield or in clutch situations)...  and that's just his take from that first day, and he has said he isn't a fan of scrambling QBs, so there's that.  And supposedly, Fields looked much better the next day.

All that being said, my personal take is I think they're gonna regret sticking with Tua.  I thought he was incredible pre-injury at Alabama, but ever since then, he doesn't look good at all to me.  Looks like he has less arm strength, not a mobile, and he seemed to have a much more pronounced wind up when I watched him last season compared to pre-injury in college.  I also didn't think he threw with any noticeable anticipation at all - in fact, it often looked like he would end up getting sacked or hit bc he held the ball too long.  But, everyone has their opinions, and Omar seems to believe in him.

As far as Fields, I've seen sources say he is absolutely killing it, and I've seen others that say he's not been as impressive as hoped.  So, who knows?

Agreed with all of this.

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So, you are saying that a team, in the 2nd year of a rebuild, wins 9 games. And that isn't a "Good team"?

I guess we have different views on what constitutes a good team. Because to me. Any team that can win 9 games has to be pretty good. 

OK.  I call winning 7, 8 or 9 games to be average...especially in a 17 game season. 

1 game over 500 ain't "good" to me.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB is the huge one.

Not to me. Sam is the answer, until he's not. 

See that's the rub. I am still optimistic, even though I know our Oline is in flux right now. Why not be? Until the games start it's just Schrodinger's Cat. It may be good, or it may not. 

This s the fun part of the year. After the draft, and before the season. It is a time for excitement, and being giddy. Cuz once the games start. Who knows what will happen.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

P.S. I didn't say that winning 9 games wouldn't make this a good year, I said it wouldn't make this a good team.  Big difference.

9 wins, with us beating a couple of playoff bound teams would make me feel good about the direction of the team.

I get that, and other than what number makes you good. We both agree that this team looks to be trending up.