• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left vs Right (not politics, Moton)

Mr. Scot

54 minutes ago, stirs said:

As athletic as Christenson is, he would make a great pulling G.  LG beside Moton might be his home

If Moton ends up on the left I think there is a better chance that Christenson might end up as the RT.  Too me best chance for Christenson to play LG if for Moton to play RT and Cam play LT.  

7 hours ago, Varking said:

Nothing has happened or anything. I just have it in my head, going into this season, that these two are our best outside lineman. I believe Moton can work on either side. Its more about believing in Moton + veterans. No disrespect to the rookie but he was in a poor conference not going up against elite defenses and got drafted at 24 and will be 25 years old at the start of the season. Those extra years he had on other college kids absolutely makes a difference. 

I'm a firm believer that if you can play. You can play. Let''s see if the kid can play, before we worry about what ifs?

3 hours ago, stirs said:

As athletic as Christenson is, he would make a great pulling G.  LG beside Moton might be his home

Maybe down the line. But for this year? We kinda need him to be able to play RT. That would give us. Moton-?-Paradis-Miller-Brady.

We have a ton of guys to throw at LG. As long as Brady can handle RT.

The Panthers have been struggling with the o-line since Gross and Wharton retired. Other than Moton, they have drafted poorly and other than one year of Oher have been poor in free agency. Lets hope this year they figure it out as our “rookie QB” is going to need lots of help to be successful. 

On 7/31/2021 at 4:51 PM, Varking said:

Nothing has happened or anything. I just have it in my head, going into this season, that these two are our best outside lineman. I believe Moton can work on either side. Its more about believing in Moton + veterans. No disrespect to the rookie but he was in a poor conference not going up against elite defenses and got drafted at 24 and will be 25 years old at the start of the season. Those extra years he had on other college kids absolutely makes a difference. 

Makes sense.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, thennek said:

The Panthers have been struggling with the o-line since Gross and Wharton retired. Other than Moton, they have drafted poorly and other than one year of Oher have been poor in free agency. Lets hope this year they figure it out as our “rookie QB” is going to need lots of help to be successful. 

Well technically, at one point I think we had..

Oher-Norwell-Kalil-Turner-D.Williams.. 

Oher-Free Agency

Turner-3rd round

Ryan Kalil- We already know

Darryl Williams- 4th-5th round I believe 

Norwell-Undrafted ..

Wouldnt really say we drafted poorly on Oline except for Lee Ziemba (7th), Edmond Kugbila (4th), Little (2nd) (who still has a chance but was last seen as very underwhelming). Its the lack of Oline picks that hurt us. 

In the last 10 years and out of 70 picks(estimate for argument sake), we've probably picked maybe 7-8 olineman....if that. The safety position possibly even less. Maybe its a just ironic that those two positions have been a weakness almost every season. Maybe my numbers and memories are off but for some reason we dont typically spend alot of draft capital on the Oline. 

Which is crazy once you consider that our offensive line is almost half of our offensive starters. 

We have to figure it out though, our seasons depends on it. Without time Darnold will have a rough year and 6 to 8 wins would be our ceiling. With time, this could end up being a double digit win season.