• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Forget Omar Bayless...Not a chance

top dawg

32 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Darnold has been on fire

I have seen limited action but from my small sample size he looks confident, which is a good sign.   I don’t think the staff I coddling him but they are providing support and have surrounded him with a lot of talent.  I think mentally that is good for a QB that has been traumatized for his entire pro career.    Will be more telling when the pads go on but no reason to not be optimistic.  Maybe not all pro but he should be a much improved QB

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I mean, nice play and all, but if NFL teams give us 4 seconds to throw the ball we're in business this season.

4 second until he caught it. The ball is not defying space and time. It took half that amount if not more to travel in the air.

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

4 second until he caught it. The ball is not defying space and time. It took half that amount if not more to travel in the air.

5 seconds until he caught it. I gave the ball a second to travel in the air.

If you watch any HS recruiting camp vids it's full of WRs 'roasting' CBs like that when they have all day to be thrown to.

It is what it is - nice throw, nice catch, but not what we'll see on Sundays so I'm not getting excited about it.

Let's see what happens in the preseason games. All of those defenses were top 10 with 2 being top 3 last year. So let's see how the offense operates from starters down to backups and wanna bes. We wil have plenty of good looks and see both man and zone with lots of blitzing.  We will see who the physical guys are who can hold their own and get separation.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

So because I don't get excited about a 4 second throw I'm complaining about the weirdest things?

H'ok. 

Reread this post. Then tell me it doesn't sound like you are complaining. Ok, maybe not complaining per se. But it sure is snarky.

"I mean, nice play and all, but if NFL teams give us 4 seconds to throw the ball we're in business this season."

Just pointing out it's TC without pads. What do you expect to happen? 

Quite a few people have underrated Marshall's game. That's kinda been the story even in college. If you Youtube or Google him, you'll probably see "underrated", "sleeper", "best you never heard of", etc.

He "should" make this roster. Unless injury or his knee acts up again. This guy is a beast of a receiver who I only think would get better. College isnt the NFL but his previous accomplishments are noteable. He's just not a blazer. His last season alone: 

Top 2 in FBS yardage(second only to Ja'marr Chase: under 200 yards)...most TD's in Arkansas State and Sun Belt history. Most receiving yardage in A-State and Sun Belt history.. 7 games over 100 yards...AP All American...Walter Camp All American ...Sporting news All American... Biletnikoff semi-finalist..Sun Belt POTY.

With all do respect, T Marshall is a beast in his own right. BUT IMO Bayless and Marshall are extremely similar. With Marshall being slighty faster with more agility, and change of direction ability. I think Bayless has better body control. Both have actually have good hands and Terrace has the height & speed advantage. 6'1 vs 6'4 iirc.

I do wonder, if you were to switch LSU to Bayless and A-State with Marshall would the results change.

LSU would have statistically had the top 3 Wr's in college that year. Chase, Bayless, and Jefferson (in that order) assuming production stayed the same. 

Would Marshall be a undrafted ? Just thinking out loud. 

If the above was the case though, it is extremely possible both would have been Panther's anyway. 

WR cuts might catch a few off guard this year.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Quite a few people have underrated Marshall's game. That's kinda been the story even in college. If you Youtube or Google him, you'll probably see "underrated", "sleeper", "best you never heard of", etc.

He "should" make this roster. Unless injury or his knee acts up again. This guy is a beast of a receiver who I only think would get better. College isnt the NFL but his previous accomplishments are noteable. He's just not a blazer. His last season alone: 

Top 2 in FBS yardage(second only to Ja'marr Chase: under 200 yards)...most TD's in Arkansas State and Sun Belt history. Most receiving yardage in A-State and Sun Belt history.. 7 games over 100 yards...AP All American...Walter Camp All American ...Sporting news All American... Biletnikoff semi-finalist..Sun Belt POTY.

With all do respect, T Marshall is a beast in his own right. BUT IMO Bayless and Marshall are extremely similar. With Marshall being slighty faster with more agility, and change of direction ability. I think Bayless has better body control. Both have actually have good hands and Terrace has the height & speed advantage. 6'1 vs 6'4 iirc.

I do wonder, if you were to switch LSU to Bayless and A-State with Marshall would the results change.

LSU would have statistically had the top 3 Wr's in college that year. Chase, Bayless, and Jefferson (in that order) assuming production stayed the same. 

Would Marshall be a undrafted ? Just thinking out loud. 

If the above was the case though, it is extremely possible both would have been Panther's anyway. 

WR cuts might catch a few off guard this year.

Bayless isn’t nearly the athlete Marshall is. Bayless is also three years older than Marshall and has a year in the NFL so I’d expect his technique to be better at this point. 

42EFCFCC-5303-4F54-A877-E5E592A362C9.webp.d007d0a9aae991248ee69b9eb6bae454.webp

00080CA2-E54E-4497-B4C8-884AA476C17A.webp.e411b9fa31b8e5d757f3f0a000e1e76f.webp

5 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Darnold has been on fire

Ready?

Is Sam "MFIng" Darnold thee best throwing QB in panthers history?? I know its short time, but...... I'll be dam if those are the best throws I've seen form a TC panther QB. I see what Zob was saying now.  Of course it remains to be seen if he can pull off real numbers in real games, but panthers dont have the same LB/RB/DL history as QB.... Sam Darnold??? I need a drink....

5 minutes ago, Italianpantherfan said:

Omar Bayless wins the huddle camp award so far 

Marshall is answer right now, scary looking and my statement about him being capable of breaking most of the WR records..... I may have started the hype spaceship....

1 hour ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

Bayless isn’t nearly the athlete Marshall is. Bayless is also three years older than Marshall and has a year in the NFL so I’d expect his technique to be better at this point. 

42EFCFCC-5303-4F54-A877-E5E592A362C9.webp.d007d0a9aae991248ee69b9eb6bae454.webp

00080CA2-E54E-4497-B4C8-884AA476C17A.webp.e411b9fa31b8e5d757f3f0a000e1e76f.webp

Yea thats pretty much never been in question.

He put up horrible combine numbers so I'd expect his RAS score to reflect that. Josh Norman had a similar grade but was also able to develop into an All Pro at one point. Having elite athleticism is always a plus but it wont guarantee success. Just like having a cannon for an arm wont guarantee you a starting spot at QB. 

I will say that some sort of athleticism is absolutely required to compete in the NFL at a high level...esp at WR. But don't let that RAS score fool you into thinking Bayless cant compete with Marshall. Unless we're talking about a foot race.  

Side Note: I was not aware that Jeremy Chinn scored a perfect 10. Probably the highest score of that entire 2020 class. Hurts my argument here but I'm just glad we made that pick.