• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Forget Omar Bayless...Not a chance

top dawg

7 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I like Bayless.  But I think he goes to the PS this year and makes the active next year when Anderson walks. 

I doubt they'll let him go to the practice squad so he can be poached by another team. For all his supposed limitations, the kid just knows how to make plays. 

8 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Damn that does not look like a guy who runs a 4.62 40. 

He burned someone a few days back for a nice 40ish yard TD. Darnold hit him in stride in the back of the end zone. 

40 time is somewhat overrated. At the very least it is not always indicative of a receiver's potential impact upon the game. Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry had very slow 40 times for receivers

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Quite a few people have underrated Marshall's game. That's kinda been the story even in college. If you Youtube or Google him, you'll probably see "underrated", "sleeper", "best you never heard of", etc.

He "should" make this roster. Unless injury or his knee acts up again. This guy is a beast of a receiver who I only think would get better. College isnt the NFL but his previous accomplishments are noteable. He's just not a blazer. His last season alone: 

Top 2 in FBS yardage(second only to Ja'marr Chase: under 200 yards)...most TD's in Arkansas State and Sun Belt history. Most receiving yardage in A-State and Sun Belt history.. 7 games over 100 yards...AP All American...Walter Camp All American ...Sporting news All American... Biletnikoff semi-finalist..Sun Belt POTY.

With all do respect, T Marshall is a beast in his own right. BUT IMO Bayless and Marshall are extremely similar. With Marshall being slighty faster with more agility, and change of direction ability. I think Bayless has better body control. Both have actually have good hands and Terrace has the height & speed advantage. 6'1 vs 6'4 iirc.

I do wonder, if you were to switch LSU to Bayless and A-State with Marshall would the results change.

LSU would have statistically had the top 3 Wr's in college that year. Chase, Bayless, and Jefferson (in that order) assuming production stayed the same. 

Would Marshall be a undrafted ? Just thinking out loud. 

If the above was the case though, it is extremely possible both would have been Panther's anyway. 

WR cuts might catch a few off guard this year.

Meme Wtf GIF

... and I have been on the Bayless hype train since before the draft 2020.

6 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Horn has been getting roasted in camp. Rhule will look really stupid passing on an elite QB Justin Fields.

6 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Brandon Zylstra is trash. Omar should and better make it over him.

4 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

All I’ve been hearing is seeing is receivers catching on Donte and Horn.

lol

41 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Brandon Zylstra is trash. Omar should and better make it over him.

I respect Zylstra. He does his job when he's put into the situation. That being said, I can't see dumping Bayless for Zylstra, Kirkwood or David Moore. I've called it; now let's see if I'm right. 

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

I doubt they'll let him go to the practice squad so he can be poached by another team. For all his supposed limitations, the kid just knows how to make plays. 

I don’t think he has enough exposure to be poached right now.  Maybe...but I don’t think so.  

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

Marshall is answer right now, scary looking and my statement about him being capable of breaking most of the WR records..... I may have started the hype spaceship....

I'm right there with you. I called him Michael Irvin right after the draft. We can bask in the glory or crash and burn together with our massive expectations.

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I wish they could pick up more oline, all these wrs they picked up they going to have to drop.

I know its hard to believe but WR has been a problem longer than OL has.  We had Gross/Kalil vs Smitty annnnnd ...... yeah.

Panthers fans have moaned, bellowed and screeched at the sky for 2 complimentary WRs to work with.  So finally the Panthers did what they felt they needed to do and went from 1 great WR and a couple good linemen, to none of those things. (Brilliant)

Just now, in the heat of summer 2021, do we have the talent at WR to even utter the idea of having a surplus to toss away.

We do need line help tho.  That is still very true.