• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, damn! I didn't know Grier's bro was a celebrity

top dawg

59 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

lol Vine died years ago, how is this appearing now? Or are they just associating where he's known from?

The article plainly states that he has scores of IG and YT followers. This just happened and is being reported accordingly. I'm just surprised that the Huddle didn't know that Will had a famous brother. If nothing else, it would provide fodder for offhanded humor.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Social media personalities don't count as "celebrities". 

That's an old man's opinion. These people aren't paid millions in certain cases for nothing. I will concede that not every social media personality is a celebrity, but some of them certainly are. Perhaps it's more appropriate to refer to Grier as an "internet celebrity" (which has a its own wiki) or "social media celebrity" but it's basically semantics. Tell some of these millennials that Jake Paul and Logan Paul aren't celebrities, and they'll laugh in your face. Tell some of these tweens and teen girls, much less young women, that Amber Scholl isn't a celebrity, and you're likely to get some snarky remarks.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's an old man's opinion. These people aren't paid millions in certain cases for nothing. I will concede that not every social media personality is a celebrity, but some of them certainly are. Perhaps it's more appropriate to refer to Grier as an "internet celebrity" (which has a its own wiki) or "social media celebrity" but it's basically semantics. Tell some of these millennials that Jake Paul and Logan Paul aren't celebrities, and they'll laugh in your face. Tell some of these tweens and teen girls, much less young women, that Amber Scholl isn't a celebrity, and you're likely to get some snarky remarks.

I am an old man, and I don't really give a sh-t about celebrities in general, but internet celebrities even less so.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I am an old man, and I don't really give a sh-t about celebrities in general, but internet celebrities even less so.

I'm like three months younger than you, and I am not an old man, yet. I respect celebrities for their values, or not, but don't assign them any more human value than anyone else for the most part. 

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

The article plainly states that he has scores of IG and YT followers. This just happened and is being reported accordingly. I'm just surprised that the Huddle didn't know that Will had a famous brother. If nothing else, it would provide fodder for offhanded humor.

Ah that makes sense.

Nah I never knew Grier had a "famous" younger brother. I keep my info consumption to the minimum. Irrelevant info gets overlooked.