• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I hate saying it. But the Panthers played with 10 guys on D last year”

ncfan

11 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

There was actually a report that Fields was the only QB we would take at 8. I would take that as Fields over Lance and Mac. 

Given that he was available at eight and we didn't take him, I'd day that "report" smells like bullsh-t. 

The more reliable report was actually that the only quarterbacks we liked were Lawrence and Wilson. 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

There was actually a report that Fields was the only QB we would take at 8. I would take that as Fields over Lance and Mac. 

Well, that report was clearly wrong. There's lots of "reports" leading up to the draft. A lot of them prove to be wrong.

I wanted Fields too. The Panthers' didn't. It is what it is. I just hope we made the right call. Time will tell.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Having good to great linebackers have gotten us to the Super Bowl twice. We didn’t win it all not because of the linebackers but because of cheaters and bad coaching not being able to make adjustments. We could’ve used the money we gave Elflein, Erving and Perryman to help get a Shaq Griffin and then take Parsons. Instead we have three players that might not even see the field much at the end of the day because they’re either injury proned or just an average player. 

Having good to great LBs has gotten us a losing overall record. We've way over-invested at the position historically and that has created talent deficits at other more vital positions.

• Pie 3

Don’t know what the hell you guys are talking about, I wanted Fields but I like the potential of Darnold too. No problem with it.

I don’t care if Carter had a good camp.

But I’ll answer the question for you. A couple, reasonable, quality 4-3 LBs alongside Shaq will be 12-15m. with Shaqs contract next year that’ll be 32-35 million of the cap going to LBs, or roughly 15-18%. And even more after next year. It’s not going to work.

Just rough numbers of course but that to me, is an issue. That’s all I’m saying. Don’t expect much better than Whitehead with Shaq’s contract unless the Panthers devote an unreasonable and possibly detrimental amount of cap to LBs. Again, that is all I was saying. How is this such a wild statement?

But feel free to continue to bash my opinion for taking a thread about a Panthers LB and relating it to another Panthers LB and LB position in general, by inaccurately referring to how I wanted a QB in the draft and am butthurt. Makes sense.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Having good to great LBs has gotten us a losing overall record. We've way over-invested at the position historically and that has created talent deficits at other more vital positions.

Exactly what I’m getting at.

2 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

If Darnold sucks, I guess it wouldn’t matter who is playing middle linebacker. It’ll show how poor Rhule is at grading quarterbacks.

And if Sam balls out. It will show just how little you know about evaluating QBs. I'm rooting for Sam even harder now.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, My Life Dont Matter said:

We wanted Fields. The only guys that didn’t know that are you and the other two guys that came at my throat like I didn’t know what I was talking about. It sucks to get proven wrong. I understand it. Back to the main topic, the only reason why we passed up on Fields is because Rhule is an idiot and is putting his life on the line for Darnold just like how he did for Teddy last year. Any other coaches would’ve went with Fields. 

You're delusional and illogical. We did not want Fields. The only argument I need is that Fields was there and we didn't draft him. Linking reports that proved to be wrong doesn't make you right.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

I got it right here for you guys who are blowing smoke about the Panthers not wanting Fields. Starts at the 44 second mark. You guys are embarrassing.

Lol arguing something that didn’t happen and he was available when we picked. Dude your real dumb lol!

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Any other coaches would’ve went with Fields. 

Like Vic Fangio?  I would’ve loved Fields, I think he’ll be great, but numerous teams passed on him.  It’s not like “any other coach” would’ve drafted him, because they simply didn’t do it when it was actually draft time.  

on topic to the thread, it’s no coincidence that we shut out the Lions  and it was Whitehead’s first game being out.  He was very, very bad.  

• Beer 1