• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I hate saying it. But the Panthers played with 10 guys on D last year”

ncfan

Get used to it.

When you’re paying one LB a ridiculous amount and he’s not playing like Luke or as versatile, there’s going to be an issue. This is why people who say Shaq is decent never mind the contract it isn’t his fault, and then go to criticize Whitehead have a take that’s shortsighted.

I mean what it is it…20 million next year?  There was no cap space to do anything otherwise. How much are you willing to invest in LBs? It wasn’t there. Plus the money lost from Luke’s retirement.

Hurney panicked combined with his hard on for LBs and this is what happens, another crippling contract.

Pretty sure we’re stuck with that next year too. I hope to heaven he isn’t restructured. More cap will help but  depending on what they do with Chinn, and moving on from Shaq, LB is going to be a big problem in the near future.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Only if we had the chance to take Micah Parsons in the draft. 

Personally, if we were set on Darnold, and Sewell out of reach, I think signing Bradberry and letting Shaq walk and trading down for Parsons would’ve been a great scenario future wise - cap and value. Extra picks, a CB, and can recover from Shaq’s dumb contract.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Get used to it.

When you’re paying one LB a ridiculous amount and he’s not playing like Luke or as versatile, there’s going to be an issue. This is why people who say Shaq is decent never mind the contract it isn’t his fault, and then go to criticize Whitehead have a take that’s shortsighted.

I mean what it is it…20 million next year?  There was no cap space to do anything otherwise. Plus the money lost from Luke’s retirement.

Hurney panicked combined with his hard on for LBs and this is what happens, another crippling contract.

Pretty sure we’re stuck with that next year too. I hope to heaven he isn’t restructured. More cap will help but  depending on what they do with Chinn, and moving on from Shaq, LB is going to be a big problem in the near future.

Nice spin. Take a thread about Whitehead, and Carter. And use it to insult Shaq, and Hurndog. Nice work I tell ya what.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Nice spin. Take a thread about Whitehead, and Carter. And use it to insult Shaq, and Hurndog. Nice work I tell ya what.

If you can’t see how it’s all related, that’s shortsighted. Again, how much do you think a team should be investing in LBs? 

If Whitehead and Carter should be replaced with quality LBs, how much do you think they’ll cost?

• Beer 1

Just now, My Life Dont Matter said:

Name calling. Is this a board filled with kids?

No more like people like you that don’t know anything and overreact about a draft pick after 4 practices that hasn’t looked bad at all. You have acted like a middle schooler going in every thread typing dumbazz comments, please go on. Garbage takes!

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

We could’ve traded down, added a 2nd or 3rd and still get Parsons. Instead, Rhule was sold on a corner. Parsons and Kelvin Joseph are balling for the Cowgirls. Horn is getting roasted. 

I’ll disagree and say Horn will be good if not elite. But, if the choice is Parons and extra picks and resigning Bradberry KNOWING Shaqs contract and the LB position is going to cause major issues later on, I’ll take option B all day long.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

If you can’t see how it’s all related, that’s shortsighted. Again, how much do you think a team should be investing in LBs? 

If Whitehead and Carter should be replaced with quality LBs, how much do you think they’ll cost?

It's only interrelated in your imagination. You are speculating, about hind-sight. That argument is never wrong. It ain't a fact, but it is an opinion.

The whole Defense took a step forward once Carter took over at MLB. And he is having a nice camp. I wouldn't spend any money on any LB.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

It's only interrelated in your imagination. You are speculating, about hind-sight. That argument is never wrong. It ain't a fact, but it is an opinion.

The whole Defense took a step forward once Carter took over at MLB. And he is having a nice camp. I wouldn't spend any money on any LB.

Don’t wAste your time talking to that guy, he is one of those still complaining we didn’t take Fields. We didn’t never want to draft him to begin with so why complain about something that was never going to happen.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No more like people like you that don’t know anything and overreact about a draft pick after 4 practices that hasn’t looked bad at all. You have acted like a middle schooler going in every thread typing dumbazz comments, please go on. Garbage takes!

I hate myself when I let posters like that get to me. lol

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Don’t wAste your time talking to that guy, he is one of those still complaining we didn’t take Fields. We didn’t never want to draft him to begin with so why complain about something that was never going to happen.

Amen brother. Amen

• Beer 2

34 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Only if we had the chance to take Micah Parsons in the draft. 

Investing way too many resources into off ball LBs has led to the Panthers having a great history at LB, bit a poor overall W-L record.

Not gonna lie, I didn't want to draft Horn. But positional value of CB >>>> non-pass rushing LBs. Parsons was one guy I specifically didn't want at #8 and it had everything to do with positional value. I was screaming for us to let Shaq walk and re-sign Bradberry instead.

• Pie 2