• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I hate saying it. But the Panthers played with 10 guys on D last year”

ncfan

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What's embarrassing is watching someone argue that we wanted a guy who was available and we didn't select. That's one of the dumber arguments I've seen presented on this forum.

That’s what I’m saying lol saying we wanted Fields and didn’t even draft him. How dumb could you be, don’t know how he keeps arguing that LMAO!

25 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

I sure wasn’t wrong last year about Teddy while Panthers fans were taking shots of whiskey to help them believe Teddy would be Drew Brees. 

Half the Huddlez was right about Teddy. Don't go patting yourself on the back for that one. JackA..

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Real question is what does this say about Rhule and Snows ability to evaluate talent. It was evident in the first quarter of the season last year he was a liability, but he continued to play. 

I’ll chalk it up to inexperience and Covid but they can’t make the same mistakes this year. Specifically if it is talent on the offensive line. 

Your real question is awnsered by a simple statement. We were thin at LB after Luke retired. This year we knew what we had and went out and got better there.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Carolina and Denver were the only two dumb teams to passed on Fields. Vic jumped up to grab him. 

We’ll see how it plays out down the road, but calling draft picks dumb before their rookie years isn’t always the wisest move lol.  I love Fields but if Darnold is even average we’re in good shape 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

We’ll see how it plays out down the road, but calling draft picks dumb before their rookie years isn’t always the wisest move lol.  I love Fields but if Darnold is even average we’re in good shape 

I applaud your effort at civility. However, I fear your words will fall on deaf ears. 

• Pie 1

I did not at all support trading for Darnold and would've drafted Fields all day long. But to try to sit here and argue that we wanted Fields when he was available and we passed? Just bizarre. Yeah, there was reason to think that Fields may well be the pick, but the proof is in the pudding. Quoting reports leading up to the draft as if it's proof of anything is just delusional.

1 hour ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

We wanted Fields. The only guys that didn’t know that are you and the other two guys that came at my throat like I didn’t know what I was talking about. It sucks to get proven wrong. I understand it.

You'd know a lot about getting proven wrong 😏

As was reported afterward, the Panthers were blowing smoke about Fields hoping that somebody would offer a significant trade package. No one did, so they took Horn. 

Bill Voth and Panthers Confidential both later confirmed that Fields was never in consideration. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I did not at all support trading for Darnold and would've drafted Fields all day long. But to try to sit here and argue that we wanted Fields when he was available and we passed? Just bizarre. Yeah, there was reason to think that Fields may well be the pick, but the proof is in the pudding. Quoting reports leading up to the draft as if it's proof of anything is just delusional.

He posts to get responses. Football is just the means to an end. I mean, look at this thread. He was ridiculed relentlessly. Yet hung around longer than one would normally expect.

It's the attention he craves. Like most Huddlerz, and a decent LT. lol

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Half the Huddlez was right about Teddy. Don't go patting yourself on the back for that one. JackA..

To be fair, I was shooting 3 Wisemen and just wanted to point out that his deep ball wasn't that bad when he has both knees working and an OL that can give him longer than 2.5sec to let the play develop. 😳

But I also didn't say that Herbert didn't have arm talent when it was clearly on display. Kinda like folks that thought Gabbert was the #1 prospect when he was 0/1 on passes of 40+ yards the year he declared. 👀

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Having good to great LBs has gotten us a losing overall record. We've way over-invested at the position historically and that has created talent deficits at other more vital positions.

Correlation does not imply causation.

• Pie 2