• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I hate saying it. But the Panthers played with 10 guys on D last year”

ncfan

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Um, okay? I do believe you may have me mixed up with some other Huddler. lol

Nah, I was just commenting on half the folks calling TB not being solid while I was on the half hoping he'd be decent 😛

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Nah, I was just commenting on half the folks calling TB not being solid while I was on the half hoping he'd be decent 😛

I totally missed that one. Although I do agree with it. Hope does not always work. But it's the best we got at the moment.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Constantly signing guys to become better players than they have shown in recent history is more times than not a losing proposition.  At least it didn't cost us $30m in cap.

Signing a guy you are familiar with, hoping to get something out of him, happens all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Now the money part. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. lol

16 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

we literally went from the best MLB in football to the worst in one season. was brutal. if perryman can just be middle of the pack ill be thankful.

Once Carter took over from Whitehead, our D took a big step forward. He is not going away without a fight. I can tell you that. 

Perryman is a down hill tackling machine. That's his wheelhouse. 

I'm hoping Carter wins that battle. I tell ya what.

46 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Once Carter took over from Whitehead, our D took a big step forward. He is not going away without a fight. I can tell you that. 

Perryman is a down hill tackling machine. That's his wheelhouse. 

I'm hoping Carter wins that battle. I tell ya what.

feels like Perryman will start the season until his inevitable injury at what point carter will come in and our D wont miss a beat. Great teams have great depth.

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, Mr. Scot said:

At the beginning of Panthers Confidential, you see inside the Panther Draft Room when they're informed of the Lions picking (Penei Sewell).

Scott Fitterer says to Matt Rhule, "So what's gonna happen is Sewell's gonna go, we'll be staring at Horn, and then it's gonna be what's worth us moving off of Horn." 

Later, right around five minutes in, the film rewinds to the day before the draft and you see the meeting where Matt Rhule lists "the cluster of guys we really love" in order with Scott Fitterer, Samir Suleman and David Tepper. 

They are...

- Penei Sewell
- Jaycee Horn
- Patrick Surtain
- Jaylen Waddle
- Devonta Smith

And finally, a little after that comes the part where they actually draft Jaycee Horn, which would strongly suggest he was the guy they wanted (and in fact they say so afterward). 

So ya know,  there's that 😕

Some of those names aren't super legible in the clip, but it's abundantly clear they valued Horn over any other player on the board when we picked.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:44 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Given that he was available at eight and we didn't take him, I'd day that "report" smells like bullsh-t. 

The more reliable report was actually that the only quarterbacks we liked were Lawrence and Wilson. 

If Wilson's troubles translate into the season and beyond, it'll give me concerns about their evaluation process. Of course, it could simply Jets doing Jets things.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:52 PM, iamhubby1 said:

The whole Defense took a step forward the minute Carter took over. Put some respek on that name.

Still makes me wonder what Carter did to get on Rhule's shitlist. It was pretty evident early on that Whitehead was no longer any good.

• Beer 1