• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Sunday Morning Thoughts and Musings

Zod

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I've haven't ignored anyone, until now.  I ignored that Life Don't Matter Dude.  I don't want to keep reading his damn user name over and over.  People do that sht to make you think that sht, because when you read it, you've thought it.

The guy is obviously a troll ****** with the board.  I would suggest we all do the same.

The mods should boot him.

Where is the Ignore button?  I can't seem to find it.  I'm wid' you, babe.

3 hours ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

If Darnold sucks or Darnold gets hurt due to the OL, Rhule better be fired.

I feel so bad for you. Your life must be really sad. You spend so much time on the huddle, only trying to give other humans hard feelings. There can't be any other reason than you being completely unhappy with your own life. I am sorry to write this, but I haven't read a constructive post of you ever. Not with this or your last account.

I feel for you, because it seems the only "joy" you have in life is trying to make other people feel as miserable as you do. I am really concerned, because posting #&it in a forum all day long is not going to make you feel any better. You are stuck in a situation that is destructive to yourself. I wish you all the best for your real life and maybe you can accept some kind of help. If you don't have anyone who cares about you that's fugd up, but there are places to go and get help.

Don't give up on yourself, you deserve better than having a destructive time on this planet. Everybody does.

Bless your soul.

ETjSp1YMQpY0=

• Beer 1
  • The D 2

19 hours ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Yes, Erving is still getting snaps at LT and Rhule is the head coach still wants his players to play both offense and defense. Rhule hasn’t realized that he’s in the big boys league now, not college and high school. 

Who is playing both offense and defense aside from 3rd string players?

6 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

We have to conclude Panthers viewed Horn providing better value.

Would they have still picked Horn if Sewell was there at 8?

Doesn't really matter, it is what it is.

However, as things stand at the moment, Oline looks like it will be a priority for the 2022 draft.

Yep several teams viewed Slater as a great guard, and good RT that couldn’t play LT on the NFL. We might be one of those teams. Had we drafted him and played him at guard (his best position in the NFL) with pick 8, fans would be flipping out.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep several teams viewed Slater as a great guard, and good RT that couldn’t play LT on the NFL. We might be one of those teams. Had we drafted him and played him at guard (his best position in the NFL) with pick 8, fans would be flipping out.

Indy fans laugh at this.  

oh and slater is currently the LT starter for the chargers.   

• Pie 1

To play devils advocate with the o line discussion:

Don’t forget we play spread and have a much different approach than in Fox and Rivera years to who we look for and how we scheme. It’s not just versatile but they did seek out a particular type. LT specifically is a concern though.

Someone I keep forgetting is here started like 4 games at it last season in Trent Scott. I wonder what the temperature is for him at the spot if Erving is iffy/injury bugged. He may be the best option IMO. And then we’ve got Daley; another question mark but one that has looked good before his injuries.

Scott-Brady C-Paradis-Miller-Moton

The Elf gets put on the shelf. Daley? 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Indy fans laugh at this.  

oh and slater is currently the LT starter for the chargers.   

What works for one scheme doesn’t work for another. Plus he has yet to play a snap of an actual game, so let’s see how he does at LT. They will try to make it work because of where he was drafted, but there has been plenty of times teams have to slide young players inside were they are better suited. I’m not trying to talk down on the man either, just saying how some teams evaluated him.

10 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If Sewell were there and we hadn't picked him, I would have been disappointed.

As it played out, I'm good with DB as the pick, it should be a game changer.

There is still a chance that the Oline may hold up for the most part.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm pretty sure what our priority will be next off season.

Well, I thought that this offseason too and it was very early not at all a priority(minus resigning Moton). 

I am trying to withhold some amount of judgement but it's hard when you see the type of moves they made on the line. Basically improved our backups but did nothing to improve the starters. That I still cannot wrap my head around.

It's difficult to understand because the OL had such a clear impact on our struggles on offense last season. But, Darnold was pretty awful from a clean pocket statistically so maybe this is some form of 4D chess that I can't fathom. 

We will see what happens. I really just hate to see the OL continue to be neglected when we have so many offensive weapons.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's difficult to understand because the OL had such a clear impact on our struggles on offense last season.

It is difficult to understand, so I hope Rhule and company have transformative powers when it comes to these linemen or we could be looking at another short lived QB experiment.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I've haven't ignored anyone, until now.  I ignored that Life Don't Matter Dude.  I don't want to keep reading his damn user name over and over.  People do that sht to make you think that sht, because when you read it, you've thought it.

The guy is obviously a troll ****** with the board.  I would suggest we all do the same.

The mods should boot him.

First Amendment.

I think Americans need to stop being being b**ch assed and calling for mods to ban a guy for what exactly?!

Stop this cancel culture bull!