• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Sunday Morning Thoughts and Musings

Zod

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's far common for tackles and all OL to take snaps around the line in camp. They are pros. The coaches know a thing or two about what they are doing. I'm not concerned about their muscle memory.

On established lines, sure, they play around to get guys experience. Problem is, they don't even have an established line yet and won't get one anytime soon if they keep dicking around. 

Those same coaches kept whitehead in the lineup last season. lol

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

If you want Sam to elevate his game and not revert to old habits out of the gate you should be just a tad concerned about left tackle. With each day that passes it looks more clear Moton isn't keen on making the switch and I can't honestly blame him.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see how it pans out but I was concerned this off-season that we seemed to be focusing more on versatility on the OL than actual talent and skill. Versatility is only a positive if you're actually good. I don't really care about your versatility if you're roughly equally bad at multiple positions. That doesn't exactly help matters.

Bingo.

Yeah, so and so is average at all positions. Great for a backup, but if he is a starter thats a problem. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Left Tackle

I am discouraged when it comes to the offensive line in general and left tackle more specifically. When I see the Panthers media pumping up the idea of "we have versatile guys so there is no problem," I cringe. NFL left tackles play left tackle because they are good at it, not because they are versatile. If you want to put Moton there, fine, do it and keep him there all of camp and preseason. It is all about repetition and muscle memory. Pretending like they have an adequate line with the luxury of time to experiment will cost this team in the long run. It would have been nice to have seen a plan and have it implemented in a better fashion. 

scott pilgrim kim pine GIF

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Really?

So...maybe he was just kidding? 🤔

Why do people take anything that is said in the media by players and coaches seriously? They give the company line in public and say a lot without actually saying anything. 

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

What did you expect him to say? “Nah, fug that, I’m strictly a right tackle”? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1