• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Sunday Morning Thoughts and Musings

Zod

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

We had a ton of holes going into this season. We couldn’t fix them all. OL was the main one left out this year. The rebuild is a multi year effort.

If we drafted 3 OL this year you would be screaming about the secondary right now. 

I wouldn't because I prioritize the OL above the secondary. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't because I prioritize the OL above the secondary. 

If Sewell were there and we hadn't picked him, I would have been disappointed.

As it played out, I'm good with DB as the pick, it should be a game changer.

There is still a chance that the Oline may hold up for the most part.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm pretty sure what our priority will be next off season.

7 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Rashawn Slater???

We have to conclude Panthers viewed Horn providing better value.

Would they have still picked Horn if Sewell was there at 8?

Doesn't really matter, it is what it is.

However, as things stand at the moment, Oline looks like it will be a priority for the 2022 draft.

4 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

We heard so much from Rhule after last season that they want to fix the oline and get younger there. What have this team done? Sign two backups the first day of free agency and literally nothing in the draft to address the oline. I think that we’re much worse at OL this upcoming season than last year. 

Could be right. Middling players with injury issues do raise some legit concerns.

If Darnold goes down in flames due to poor Oline  play, this year's draft selection/free agency acquisitions will come into questioned. 

However, I'm not writing off the line so soon.  I'll need to wait and see what happens as the season progresses, since chemistry is a big part of any line's success or failure.

9 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

We have to conclude Panthers viewed Horn providing better value.

Would they have still picked Horn if Sewell was there at 8?

Doesn't really matter, it is what it is.

However, as things stand at the moment, Oline looks like it will be a priority for the 2022 draft.

I really hope so, but that would be logical. With these guys gamesmanship defies logic.

8 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

If they had picked Horn over Sewell, I would officially be done with this team until we get a new owner, head coach, and front office. 

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I could understand why others might.

I've got too many years already invested to jump ship in only the second season of a rebuild with new management.

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

What else did that team have to fix? 

We, on the other hand, still had plenty of holes.

jacka..

I've haven't ignored anyone, until now.  I ignored that Life Don't Matter Dude.  I don't want to keep reading his damn user name over and over.  People do that sht to make you think that sht, because when you read it, you've thought it.

The guy is obviously a troll ****** with the board.  I would suggest we all do the same.

The mods should boot him.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I really hope so, but that would be logical. With these guys gamesmanship defies logic.

Well, I would have never expected what actually happened during this year's draft in a million years.

Did anybody outside of Tepper, Fitterer and Rhule?

Seemed like a pretty good draft, but I've thought so in the past and they've turned out to be pretty pathetic looking back after a year or two.

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Well, I would have never expected what actually happened during this year's draft in a million years.

Did anybody outside of Tepper, Fitterer and Rhule?

Seemed like a pretty good draft, but I've thought so in the past and they've turned out to be pretty pathetic looking back after a year or two.

When the obvious choice is constantly rebuked in favor of your better idea that doesn't work and is wildly unpopular, yeah....

16 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

If Darnold sucks or Darnold gets hurt due to the OL, Rhule better be fired.

Tepper could certainly do that without worrying about the cost, but I believe it would be at least a season too soon.  Especially, for an owner that kept Rivera and Hurney around as long as he did. 

I see Rhule getting 3 seasons minimum before Tepper begins to get impatient.

Darnold was a clearance aisle special in comparison to what some teams are willing to give up for a franchise QB.  If Sam crashes and burns, Rhule will likely get at least one more bite of the apple before being dispatched by Dave.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1