• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday Camp Thread

Zod

18 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

What are you talking about??  It's not even a full week into camp.  And I'll say this... a playmaking CB has an infinite better chance of winning DROY than a non-pass rushing LB... and while Parsons may rush some, there's no way he will have the opportunities to make as many splash plays.

Splash plays win ROY... look at Chase Young vs. Jeremy Chinn last year... I know I'm biased, but to me Chinn was the clear DROY in terms of the plays he made and the impact he had on the team.

So, while Horn may not win DROY, there's about as good of a chance of me winning the lottery than Parsons winning DROY... you can bookmark this and I'll eat my words if wrong, but I think you are out in left field on this my man.

DROY is just for chest bumping fans and contract negotiations.

I just hope to god Horn is good. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

50 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Huddle got to Huddle.

I guess its time to write off the team for another decade right?  Since the team didn't make the moves y'all would have made.

I'm glad for football being back!  I'm excited for the hope and optimism of training camp!  We don't know what the team is really going to look like until the games count.  

I guess if you want to be hypercritical now, enjoy?

This is definitely one of the more negative training camps I can remember as far as so many people on here trying to be entirely negative about everything before practice with pads even starts.

1 hour ago, NAS said:

You're going to scrutinize every throw?  Let him play preseason at least.

Our last franchise qb was scrutinized on everything from his throws to how he sat on the bench to how he celebrated. Scrutiny comes with the position chief 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

Guys it’s training camp on a hot muggy Monday in Spartanburg mistakes are going to happen and that’s what training camp is for. Optimistically looking at today it seems like some of Darnolds passes were on target but went through revivers hands and Jaycee Horn really might be that guy. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Ian Thomas was taking 1st team reps over Dan Arnold but had a false start to go along with some sloppy play from the offense today.

It definitely seems like he is getting a shot to show all of the work he has supposedly put in this off-season. Hopefully we see a very much improved version of Thomas this year.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Our last franchise qb was scrutinized on everything from his throws to how he sat on the bench to how he celebrated. Scrutiny comes with the position chief 🤷‍♂️

Weren't those things he did during games and not practice?

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Divisive world we live in today as a whole

Yea I agree,  it just seems like from my perspective there have always been moves we as fans werent happy about but the general consensus was they hoped to be proven wrong which would be a good thing for the team.  Now it seems much more fans prioritize wanting to be proven right at all costs at the expense of the team.  I would much rather be proven totally wrong about every negative thing that I may be concerned about with the roster. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2