• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Thoughts and Musings - Monday Edition

Zod

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

If we cut Burris, Thomas and Jansen how much money does that save us for this year? I would think if a good safety becomes available Burris could possibly get cut.

Burris might not be great, but I'm not sure I like the idea of rolling with what's behind him.

Won't claim to have looked, but from what I understand his contract isn't all that expensive. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Burris might not be great, but I'm not sure I like the idea of rolling with what's behind him.

Won't claim to have looked, but from what I understand his contract isn't all that expensive. 

Im just thinking to cut him if a better safety becomes available after cuts... As of now, I agree you have to keep him. Im just thinking if we let those 3 go, then you wouldn't hardly have to dip into the 24 million to sign a safety and can roll that over.

6 minutes ago, Zod said:

Panthers are pretty big on Sam Franklin

Well, let's see what he's got because Burris sucks.

Curious to see how these OL musical chairs end up getting sorted out. I just want us to field a decent OL. I didn't want Darnold, but he's here and we need to give him a fair chance to succeed so that we know if we need to be QB shopping again next off-season.

12 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Im just thinking to cut him if a better safety becomes available after cuts... As of now, I agree you have to keep him. Im just thinking if we let those 3 go, then you wouldn't hardly have to dip into the 24 million to sign a safety and can roll that over.

That's a gamble. 

I'd add that while the team is always looking to win, I don't think this season is what you'd call their "target season" for winning big. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I would think it’s some what expected with a young QB in a new offense. Hell Brady looked rough early in Tampa (relatively speaking). He started off with a QBR of 40.3 against the Saints in week 1, 44 against us in Week 2.

Brady really did look rough the first few weeks of the season.  In that case, I think Arians adjusted the offense more than Brady acclimated though. It looked different to me later in the season and post season.

Hopefully we'll do something similar finding what works well for our players.

• Pie 2