• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Thoughts and Musings - Monday Edition

Zod

One thing we know about the OL--somebody who is drawing a pretty decent check is going to sit or get cut. 
LT:  What do we have, 6 people who could land the gig? (Moton, Christensen, Erving, Scott, Little, Daley)

Darnold may have some trauma he is fighting through--more than his California surfer dude approach is letting on.

TE is more important than we realize... I like our TEs right now--potentially speaking. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

One thing we know about the OL--somebody who is drawing a pretty decent check is going to sit or get cut. 
LT:  What do we have, 6 people who could land the gig? (Moton, Christensen, Erving, Scott, Little, Daley)

Darnold may have some trauma he is fighting through--more than his California surfer dude approach is letting on.

TE is more important than we realize... I like our TEs right now--potentially speaking. 

A few padded practices will sort out the OL.  It's hard to get a read on the offense until they sort out the missed routes and miss timed throws. It will take a while for it all to start clicking on the offense.

• Pie 1

It may be that Darnold is one of those Rhule is targetting with that ass-chewing. If Zod is calling him out for holding onto the ball too long, you know the coaches have seen it and discussed it at length among their meetings.

This was a reclamation project at QB. It's going to take more than a spot of paint and some landscaping to make him viable again. Hope Rhule can get Darnold repaired before September. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

How do you weigh the variables?  How much of Darnold’s issues are because of good coverage?  Bad line play?  Indecision?

I am hoping he just doesn't know the playbook well enough yet and is slow on his progressions. If so, that will get itself worked out with reps.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

thought today would be a padded practice, as historically it is. But apparently Matt Rhule felt differently

I think only 3 teams have had padded practice. Saw that 29 are scheduled to tomorrow.  Definitely something to do with CBA, not just Rhule.

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 3

53 minutes ago, Zod said:

I am hoping he just doesn't know the playbook well enough yet and is slow on his progressions. If so, that will get itself worked out with reps.

I would think it’s some what expected with a young QB in a new offense. Hell Brady looked rough early in Tampa (relatively speaking). He started off with a QBR of 40.3 against the Saints in week 1, 44 against us in Week 2.

40 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'm surprised to see Erving starting at LT, thought they'd roll with Trent Scott. Bet he gets some looks with the 1st team at LT very soon.

Scott did pretty good last year in the 4 games he started at LT, 2 of them we won.

Scott started in the Bucs, Lions, Packers and WFT games.  Bucs and WFT have nasty fronts too.

• Pie 2