• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen and Tommy Tremble

ericr0319

9 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Don't forget Christenson is already 24... he should be pretty much ready.

True.  He just needs to acclimate to the NFL.  Hopefully he'll be in on more than the 6% of snaps that Moton did his rookie year.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Stupid decision. TE3 getting 15th highest cap on the entire team? So dumb. How many drops a day does he need to have to finally be done with him. We aren’t resigning him next year so why spend $2.2M when all of it is able to be saved because it’s salary. Only a tiny bit of signing bonus (under $200k) left. 

Called for this cut once we signed Arnold to a nice deal and drafted Tremble on day 2.  Thomas is overpaid for a backup TE.  

Footnote: I also said he wouldn't amount to much either.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I don't think cut, but he probably won't be starting. 

If he ain’t starting no reason not to cut his ass u gain another 2 mil in cap space. You have Arnold and Tremble is going to have to see the field with his tremendous blocking. Ian Thomas will not make this team.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

20 receptions as TE1 for a QB who didn’t like to go downfield is awful. We sign a new TE1 and draft a 3rd round TE. He’s not even close to worth the cap hit. We’ve seen what seems like reported drops every practice and his miss led directly to an INT today. I roll with Arnold and Tremble and see what is available after cuts.

I agree.  I just don't trust Thomas on 3rd down anymore.

24 minutes ago, stbugs said:

20 receptions as TE1 for a QB who didn’t like to go downfield is awful. We sign a new TE1 and draft a 3rd round TE. He’s not even close to worth the cap hit. We’ve seen what seems like reported drops every practice and his miss led directly to an INT today. I roll with Arnold and Tremble and see what is available after cuts.

I go back years wanting us to upgrade the TE position, ever since Olsen's FIRST foot injury.  This year wasn't the deepest or most top heavy draft for TEs, but at least we got one.  I was heavily on the Dallas Goedert bandwagon.  What was that, like 4 years ago?

1 minute ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yes by looking at Chinn and others who were drafted and started last year

That was out of neccessity tho.  ATM BC is taking reps behind Moton.  Indications are, at this point, he's a backup.  You think that will change?

15 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Called for this cut once we signed Arnold to a nice deal and drafted Tremble on day 2.  Thomas is overpaid for a backup TE.  

Footnote: I also said he wouldn't amount to much either.

We only save $502K if we cut him. Might as well let it play out with him as depth.

FWIW, Arnold is on the books for 2022 as well, so it would be a clean break after this season.

EDIT: I am reading this correctly, right?

image.png.9b0954c45786b5025f04831dbb21e4f1.png

Edited by shaqattaq