• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you rather... Now or later...

Mr. Scot

(to be clear, this is more a question of what you think should happen than what will)

Still a fair amount of camp left, but judging on what we know so far which of these two approaches would you prefer? 

- Trusting Taylor Moton in the left tackle spot while looking for the best possible current and future option on the right side among who we've got

- Keeping Moton where you know he's good, doing the best we can on the left with what we've got for this year and looking to find the left tackle of the future next offseason

Keep in mind that the option you choose will have consequences for not just this year, but future Seasons as well. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

(to be clear, this is more a question of what you think should happen than what will)

Still a fair amount of camp left, but judging on what we know so far which of these two approaches would you prefer? 

- Trusting Taylor Moton in the left tackle spot while looking for the best possible current and future option on the right side among who we've got

- Keeping Moton where you know he's good, doing the best we can on the left with what we've got for this year and looking to find the left tackle of the future next offseason

Keep in mind that the option you choose will have consequences for not just this year, but future Seasons as well. 

Option 2 is best IMO

I would go all in on Moton to the left and Brady Christensen on the right side to develop him. He is 24 and a third round pick, and if he can hold down the right side, the future of our like looks very bright as we already have multiple players who can be a good guard and quality depth at tackle at that point (Erving as backup LT, Trent Scott as backup LT/RT)

If Brady develops into a good starter you have your ends set for the next 4+ years and very good young talent at G. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That would make me think you're a lot more interested in winning next year and beyond than this season.

(and that's a valid school of thought) 

Not necessarily. I just believe it’s best to play to the strength of your players. Moton can be a good  LT but has Pro Bowl potential at his natural RT spot.

However, if he’s head and shoulders above anyone we could possibly put on the left (and at this point that’s a real possibility), then I’m all for it.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Not necessarily. I just believe it’s best to play to the strength of your players. Moton can be a good  LT but has Pro Bowl potential at his natural RT spot.

However, if he’s head and shoulders above anyone we could possibly put on the left (and at this point that’s a real possibility), then I’m all for it.

I agree with this. 

It’s like moving Captain from nickel to outside or Samuel’s from slot to the outside.  They were good players and frankly drafted to be a certain player.   Then some years because we neglected other spots we move them out of their ideal spots….and it just makes them lesser players. 

We just need to go get a LT. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On paper, I like Moton at LT and BC at RT, take whatever learning lumps we have to this year.

In the real world, it all depends on how Erving, Moton at LT and BC at RT perform.  Wherever they start, its probably not going to be the end.  

TBH my favorite is BC at LT and Moton at RT, but apparently that's not in the cards at this juncture.

• Pie 1

I'd prefer Moton play LT and Christianson the right sufficiently. Then we are set as one just extended at and the other is on a rookie deal.

I suppose switching them works the same but Motons floor at LT is much higher. He has the arm length that Rhule mentioned they like on the left

Edited by Moo Daeng