• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Tuesday Camp Thread

Zod

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I believe his assumption was they both won the job and are playing well. It would solve our tackle issues for years to come.

You can assume the same about any player. I can hope Little or Daley plays well at LT, that would also solve it.

3 hours ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

Samuel is a 3rd or 4th option gadgety player that could be fun to watch on an offense like the Rams. The dude is so overrated by Panthers’ fans. 

Why do you just keep saying sh¡t? Don't you ever get tired? I know, this is your major entertainment. 🙄

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

That's not true at all.  We used him in prior seasons, but last year he was CLEARLY playing for a contract.

image.thumb.png.ab6326201aec0b94aa0423ea1f7a87cd.png

Notice how his catch percentage went up nearly 30 points from the prior year?  How his catch percentage was 20 points higher than his previous career high?

He actually had more targets in 2019.

I'm glad he performed so well last year with CMC out.  I hope the light bulb finally went on for him.  I'm REALLY glad we didn't pay him 10+ per season.

Not really. Context is key. He was playing a lot on the outside at first--still very sparingly as a rookie. He got hurt on a fluke play (I believe his ankle) in the endzone. His second season he had what was likely an ablation procedure to fix an irregular heartbeat, but was still used sparingly. His third season he was involved a little more, but was still being used on gaget plays and such. After Rhule and Brady came in. Samuel hit his stride because he became a regular part of the offense and was involved seamlessly within the flow of the game. He was put into a position to succeed, so it's no surprise that his production increased as a receiver and an RB. Yeah, you can be cynical and say it was because it was a contract year, but I think it's because he always had it in him, and he actually had better coaches that maximized his skill set, who also understood what Samuel is and what he's not. 

As to your point about paying him 10+ mil per year, that was never going to happen because we didn't have the money. I'm glad we got TMJ and Shi Smith, but not necessarily happy that we lost Samuel. The NFL is a business however, and it was time for Samuel to move on. We should be better for it (and he should too, but he is going back to Rivera and Scott Turner...).

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

that sucks. i can see why, but fans like me who live in a different state rely on stuff like that

whatever helps get more Ws

They won't let me take tight up close shots of wide receivers against defensive backs because they are worried their secrets will be revealed to other teams. 

But other guys can video the entire damn field and upload it to youtube. It makes no sense. 

The real reason is that the Panthers want themselves to be the only Panthers media outlet, so they can control the narrative. They used to have 3 people in that department. Now it is up to 20. 

26 minutes ago, Zod said:

They won't let me take tight up close shots of wide receivers against defensive backs because they are worried their secrets will be revealed to other teams. 

But other guys can video the entire damn field and upload it to youtube. It makes no sense. 

The real reason is that the Panthers want themselves to be the only Panthers media outlet, so they can control the narrative. They used to have 3 people in that department. Now it is up to 20. 

You sound a little salty, but I don't blame you. 

What are you gonna do? Oligarchs and corporatists rule the world!

41 minutes ago, Zod said:

Lately it seems like corporations are cracking down HARD protecting their IP. I think it's been exacerbated by COVID, and everyone consuming their media virtually.

We got the highest paid actress suing Disney because her contract stipulated her movie wouldn't be streaming. We got the a new subscription streaming service coming out every 12 seconds because aggregating content on a few streaming services is too convenient for consumers. We got every professional sports team trying to start up their own media empire. And I don't know if you're following what's going on with Games Workshop, that they announced a zero tolerance policy towards fugging fan animations. 

A lot of good will being squandered to net these pigs a couple extra percentage points.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

that sucks sorry dude

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

You can assume the same about any player. I can hope Little or Daley plays well at LT, that would also solve it.

Both of their contracts would be due soon. Also it would be harder to trust Little with only one good season…