• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Tuesday Camp Thread

Zod

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That's not true at all.  We used him in prior seasons, but last year he was CLEARLY playing for a contract.

image.thumb.png.ab6326201aec0b94aa0423ea1f7a87cd.png

Notice how his catch percentage went up nearly 30 points from the prior year?  How his catch percentage was 20 points higher than his previous career high?

He actually had more targets in 2019.

I'm glad he performed so well last year with CMC out.  I hope the light bulb finally went on for him.  I'm REALLY glad we didn't pay him 10+ per season.

I said he was a niche player and we only used him that way one season.....which was 2020.   You throw Samuel on the outside and ask him to do what Robby Anderson does and he will be weak.  Because he isn't a pure WR.  

Playing from the slot and backfield is his niche.  CMC being hurt and the addition of Robbie allowed him to fall into the role he was always meant for.   

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, My Life Dont Matter said:

What halfwit thinks it’s a good idea to try your two best offensive starters in returning punts? 

Hey, I am a half wit!!  I think they might be just working on it in the event we are in a situation where we must have a return TD?  I dunno,  Moore/CMC sure hands and they won't muff it.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

Hey, I am a half wit!!  I think they might be just working on it in the event we are in a situation where we must have a return TD?  I dunno,  Moore/CMC sure hands and they won't muff it.

better players than them have returned kicks too. 

it's football.  I have never really bought into the it's too big of a risk thing.   CMC literally plays every snap already.  I don't think playing certain downs where he mostly likely fair catches a ball is actually greater risk in the grand scheme of things.  Just as likely to have his knees destroyed in a pile up IMO than hurt on kick returns. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's football.  I have never really bought into the it's too big of a risk thing.   CMC literally plays every snap already.  I don't think playing certain downs where he mostly likely fair catches a ball is actually greater risk in the grand scheme of things.  Just as likely to have his knees destroyed in a pile up IMO than hurt on kick returns. 

Smitty was a PR and he stepped back and did it as a veteran at times.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Yeah we always use to put Smith in if we needed a spark. Have no problem with it if game is on the line and need some legit hands or make something happen.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33929907/#:~:text=NFL athletes playing on special,with all other player positions.

NFL athletes playing on special teams had the highest rate of ACL injuries (7.6 per 10,000 player-plays) in comparison with all other player positions.

There's also the increased risk of concussions on those plays as well. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1