• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting OL Projection ...

Zod

I would love to have Brady C on the right, and Moton on the left that way we are set for the next 4 years at tackle and we have 4 really good young candidates at G on cheap deals.

Realistically I think we go into the year with Erving at LT, unknown at LG (hopefully one of the rookies), Paradis at C, John Miller at RG and Moton at RT. 

• Beer 4

4 minutes ago, musicman said:

Until we see them in pads, no one can tell just yet. I hope one of the rookies starts at Guard but only time will tell. 

Thats true, but we have seen Little and Scott in pads plenty, and its awful. There is also a lot of film on Erving at LT, and it is pretty bad too. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Zod said:

Thats true, but we have seen Little and Scott in pads plenty, and its awful. There is also a lot of film on Erving at LT, and it is pretty bad too. 

It’s sad that last year out expectations were so incredibly low that we all rejoiced when Scott performed at a level where Teddy didn’t get smashed play after play. He wasn’t good as a LT, but played well enough to allow about 3-4 seconds some time. I believe Scott is a good versatile backup but he’s definitely not starting LT material.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

week 1: Erving, Christensen, Paradis, Miller, Moton

My fondest wish: Moton, Elflein, Paradis, Miller, Christensen. having bookend tackles locked down for years to come is a fantasy I almost dare not dream.

My projected starting OL: Erving, Daley, Paradis, Miller and Moton. 

I don’t think our future LT is on the roster yet. It appears Christensen is being groomed to take over one of the G spots at some point. 

• Pie 2

Erving-Elflein-Paradis-Miller-Moton

Scott-Daley-Moore-Brown-Christensen as the back-ups

Deuces to Greg Little unless he somehow "gets it" but seeing how that the mental part of the game has seemed to be a consistent issue for him, I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see if folks will blame Darnold for having a below average OL like they did his predecessor. 👀

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

I have a feeling we're going to see a huge number of different starting combinations this season. That usually happens when you don't have a guaranteed set of bookend tackles. LT continues to be a massive need for this team ever since Jordan Gross retired.

• Beer 2