• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson on cutting Ibe. Has a point!

top dawg

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Fair but at least from that angle that was a pretty clean hit. He was in front he didn’t go high. That was common place football. If we are gonna throw a towel in on that. I don’t have much hope for any toughness coming out of this team. 

I mean frankly the only tough guy we have on defense currently is Chinn. Past that turf toe and turf hand may be good but they ain’t tough. 

Although there may be some players who seem to play a little soft. It wouldn't even be close to being right. That football players ain't tough.

The vast majority of these guys are Alpha, I'll show you, Males. They play a physical game. A game where you are run all over if you aren't physical enough. They give no quarter, and they ask for none. For 3 hours every Sun., they grunt and groan, push and shove, tug and pull against other Alpha Males. All for our entertainment. 

You want tough, try getting out of bed after a long season.

And that is why the average career is still less than 4 years.

end/rant

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I really like Rhule but this and having players run laps for mistakes is very College football. 

I don't know how long that flies with NFL millionaires. 

Don't want to run, you may need to cut out the mental mistakes. We are trying to instill a culture where mistakes are not tolerated. We drafted/brought in smart football players. This reminds them to be smart.

Rhule is not going to stand for unnecessary penalties during the football game. This instills that behavior.

22 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Although there may be some players who seem to play a little soft. It wouldn't even be close to being right. That football players ain't tough.

The vast majority of these guys are Alpha, I'll show you, Males. They play a physical game. A game where you are run all over if you aren't physical enough. They give no quarter, and they ask for none. For 3 hours every Sun., they grunt and groan, push and shove, tug and pull against other Alpha Males. All for our entertainment. 

You want tough, try getting out of bed after a long season.

And that is why the average career is still less than 4 years.

end/rant

Not the direction I was coming from on that but still very valid. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Don't want to run, you may need to cut out the mental mistakes. We are trying to instill a culture where mistakes are not tolerated. We drafted/brought in smart football players. This reminds them to be smart.

Rhule is not going to stand for unnecessary penalties during the football game. This instills that behavior.

Very true.

Could have been that the players were specifically warned about this before the pads ever got put on and he went right and played outside the instructions given.  Rhule would have certainly been correct to have made an example of that

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Very true.

Could have been that the players were specifically warned about this before the pads ever got put on and he went right and played outside the instructions given.  Rhule would have certainly been correct to have made an example of that

As fans, we know very little of this situation. After all is said and done. We just have to hope Rhule knows what he is doing.

Ibe won't be the last sacrificial lamb I tell ya what.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I really like Rhule but this and having players run laps for mistakes is very College football. 

I don't know how long that flies with NFL millionaires. 

It wins a lot of Super Bowls. 

Bill never coached college.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/patriots-bill-belichick-penalty-lap/1h9kexkr5k5ti1daifwnhq7szl

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Maybe not, but if the offender had been Horn we probably wouldn't have had the same outcome.

Agreed. We have WAY more invested in Horn and would try to coach him into keeping a level head. An undrafted rookie better be on his best behavior…