• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philip Rivers might be available…

Ja  Rhule

14 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

This. I was assuming that the OP meant as a back up that had more potential that PJ.

OP did say this at the end. " He may not be close to his prime, but Rivers would still be a serviceable emergency option for a team that sustains a quarterback injury late in the year."

So, I'm not really sure he meant for us specifically. Or even if Rivers would accept a backup role. But I will admit it sounds intriguing though.

• Pie 1

On 8/3/2021 at 9:54 PM, Swaggasaurus said:

This guys arm is in wayyyy worse shape than Cam’s. 

Some here do genuinely seem unable to accept that sometimes a QB loses arm strength with age and/or injury. There are still people claiming Cam will win another MVP. At this point I imagine it’s more in jest, but I think some really do believe he can return to the Cam of old. The arm is just gone. Pitt will learn this lesson with Big Ben the hard way this year. They just don’t last forever. It’s hard to move on but that’s just life.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, iamhubby1 said:

Or Scenario 3. Sammy plays well, we make the Playoffs, and the Huddle servers still go down.

or Scenario 4.  We find ourselves in need of a QB late in an attempt to sneak into the postseason.  CRA stands up in the crowd and starts a slow PJ chant.  PJ, PJ, PJ.  Soon it takes over the entire stadium! PJ! PJ! PJ!.   Rhule gives him the shot.  He continues his undefeated streak.  We go on to win the Super Bowl.  PJ Walker gets a statue.  In his speech for the Hall of Honor, he credits me for starting that chant and making it all happen.   PJ and I become best friends.  Everyone here is sooooo jealous.  And scene.

• Beer 1