• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dexter - New Blood

R0CKnR0LLA

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, Harbingers said:

Ya that’s pretty sweet. I kinda trailed off after the first few seasons of Dexter cause it was getting repetitive. But I feel like this has some serious season one vibes.

Apparently the main writer who worked on the first 3 seasons then left will be the same one working on this reboot. So that's promising. The trailer sure has those old school Dexter vibes that the first 3 seasons had.

• Pie 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was a MASSIVE Dexter fan back in the day. I mean, so much where I enjoyed every single season except for the last one. The first episode of this one was up and down. For about 30 minutes it was boring. I was scared they were going to drag some of this out for an entire season. It was shot beautifully but it just didn't feel like Dexter. Deb didn't feel like a natural inclusion. The whole thing with the deer was stupid. The friend guy randomly spilling his guts to Dexter was stupid. Dexter thinking that hiding a body in an ice fishing hole was a good idea was stupid.

But boy, when he finally snapped, killed, and the voice over came back, they had me hooked. Some of the stuff that was unsavory before instantly became an artistic choice and was made much better. Excited to see where it goes, and hoping they don't fug it up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...