• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are STILL interested in Deshaun Watson

Zod

Is it possible to do a trade that is dependent on legal/civil action? Like we will give you a first for him but if he ends up going to jail or missing time over these allegations we get our picks back? I’ve never heard of anything like that but it could be a nice low risk way of doing it. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh, yeah. Nobody's done anything even remotely like that.

For the record though, most NFL players find a good massage therapist and stick with them. They don't try to find a different one every week.

How do you know that?  How do you know what "most" NFL players do or dont do in their private lives?  Before this whole Watson thing came out, I had never heard about the massage habits of any NFL player in my entire life. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

Is it possible to do a trade that is dependent on legal/civil action? Like we will give you a first for him but if he ends up going to jail or missing time over these allegations we get our picks back? I’ve never heard of anything like that but it could be a nice low risk way of doing it. 

I mean, there is no doubt a lot of teams still have their eyes on Watson.  Especially given the opportunity to get a steal if things fell the right way. 

NFL teams know fans forgive and forget.  Big Ben, Tyreek Hill, Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Leonard Little, and on and on.  If Watson can get back on the field....teams will be interested.   

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

How do you know that?  How do you know what "most" NFL players do or dont do in their private lives?  Before this whole Watson thing came out, I had never heard about the massage habits of any NFL player in my entire life. 

Because since the story came out, other NFL players have been interviewed regarding the story and that's what they pretty much universally say.

Heck, most of them said they've never even heard of anyone going to that many different masseuses.

3 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Yep, happens all the time.

The eagles will end up getting a 2nd round pick because Wentz got hurt and will miss significant playing time.

Any deal for Watson will include contingency picks. The more time he misses, the lower the compensation. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Because since the story came out, other NFL players have been interviewed regarding the story and that's what they pretty much universally say.

Heck, most of them said they've never even heard of anyone going to that many different masseuses.

NFL players do a lot of fugged up things.  They generally don't admit to it all when someone else is in trouble and dominating the news cycle. 

Watson is essentially the reminder.  These dudes just play football.  Even the squeakiest clean appearing guys...likely aren't. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, it's...not at all like you're imagining it.

The women involved are licensed massage therapists, not Instagram models. To a woman, they tell pretty much the same story of unwanted advances. But two (and I think maybe now three) have accused Watson of forcing oral sex.

If you want to get a genuine understanding of the story, I'd recommend this article from Sports Illustrated. It gives you a pretty good summary of things.

I read the article you posted - and a few others related to the accusations against Watson. 

Yeah, hard pass for me. He should seek pyschotherapy before seeking massage therapy. He's lucky no one's retaliated against him yet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Yep, happens all the time.

The eagles will end up getting a 2nd round pick because Wentz got hurt and will miss significant playing time.

Any deal for Watson will include contingency picks. The more time he misses, the lower the compensation. 

The question then becomes whether the Texans will accept that kind of offer.

As one reporter put it, their logic is that if you get Watson, you have the opportunity to keep him for the next ten years or so. Given that, why should they accept lesser compensation?

Truthfully, seeing what the Eagles are about to lose on the Wentz trade probably doesn't encourage them in that direction either.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

NFL players do a lot of fugged up things.  They generally don't admit to it all when someone else is in trouble and dominating the news cycle. 

Watson is essentially the reminder.  These dudes just play football.  Even the squeakiest clean appearing guys...likely aren't. 

Right?  As if anybody would admit to the media "Yeah, I ship in whore from all over the world who say they are "massage therapists".  Whats the big deal?" 

Why do people still believe what they people say to the media? I don't get it. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The question then becomes whether the Texans will accept that kind of offer.

As one reporter put it, their logic is that if you get Watson, you have the opportunity to keep him for the next ten years or so. Given that, why should they accept lesser compensation?

Truthfully, seeing what the Eagles are about to lose on the Wentz trade probably doesn't encourage them in that direction either.

At some point they’ll have to make a deal or keep him.

The bridge has been burned to the ground, so they have to let him go. Teams know this. The Texans arent going to get what they want for him.

• Pie 1

Just now, joemac said:

Right?  As if anybody would admit to the media "Yeah, I ship in whore from all over the world who say they are "massage therapists".  Whats the big deal?" 

Why do people still believe what they people say to the media? I don't get it. 

Does it help you feel better about yourself if you make up your own narrative rather than listening to what people actually say? 🤔

Yeah, people lie. But that doesn't mean everybody lies or that everything somebody says is a lie.

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

At some point they’ll have to make a deal or keep him.

The bridge has been burned to the ground, so they have to let him go. Teams know this. The Texans arent going to get what they want for him.

Caserio comes from the Patriot school of things though. He may not give in easily.

Ditto with McNair and his ego if he wants to be seen as "winning".

And of course all it takes is for one team to be willing to bite the bullet.

(right now, most people's money is on the Eagles being that team)

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does it help you feel better about yourself if you make up your own narrative rather than listening to what people actually say? 🤔

Yeah, people lie. But that doesn't mean everybody lies or that everything somebody says is a lie.

Does it make you feel better about yourself to just blindly suck up what these people say in the media and apply zero critical thinking to the subject?  

• Pie 2