• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are STILL interested in Deshaun Watson

Zod

1 hour ago, t96 said:

In the context of NFL discipline, Kraft and the players should be treated exactly the same. If Kraft hit his wife and wasn't in prison and allowed to keep his team with no punishment then if a player hit his wife and wasn't in prison he should be allowed to play with no punishment. It's pretty simple actually.

So your solution is to punish the victims in the name of fairness to the perpetrators?  Two wrongs do not make a right.  It's not that simple.

• Beer 1

Very good chance the article is just based on speculation but also very good chance it could be true, "kind of".

Here again everyone is getting caught up with the sources and thinking in terms of absolutes.

Any team that doesn't have an established franchise QB will be "monitoring" the situation.  duh

That doesn't mean there is a high probability of anything coming out of it.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The question then becomes whether the Texans will accept that kind of offer.

As one reporter put it, their logic is that if you get Watson, you have the opportunity to keep him for the next ten years or so. Given that, why should they accept lesser compensation?

Truthfully, seeing what the Eagles are about to lose on the Wentz trade probably doesn't encourage them in that direction either.

Such flawed logic. "We want to get rid of him, but we want good compensation despite that the fact we don't want this radioactive mess"

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Such flawed logic. "We want to get rid of him, but we want good compensation despite that the fact we don't want this radioactive mess"

Breer said today that they're not willing to give any sort of "discount" on their asking price, will decline any offer that includes conditional picks and added that they're more than willing to wait it out until they get what they feel is the right offer.

So basically, anyone looking for the Texans to budge on this is likely to be disappointed.

I'm more than happy rolling with Darnold at the moment anyway regardless of what the Texans want. I like what I've seen from him so far. He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic. He appears to be working on not just his game but his role. I love hearing that he took responsibility for an offsides and ran the lap and I saw a photo where he and the whole line ran one together. That's leadership and character on display and it fits what has been said about him from ex-teammates and coaches. He's also off to a good start at camp and making some nice throws. I will enjoy seeing him revive his career and grow into a great QB as these other young Panthers grow into a great team. Things with the team look and feel pretty positive right now so no reason to mess things up by bringing in a negative situation. 

11 hours ago, joemac said:

Does it make you feel better about yourself to just blindly suck up what these people say in the media and apply zero critical thinking to the subject?  

So Instagram and SI are just in on this to get a little extra money in their pockets? Really?

They are falsifying DMs and corroborated stories? Putting their entire existence on the line?

Apply critical thinking and respond...

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer said today that they're not willing to give any sort of "discount" on their asking price, will decline any offer that includes conditional picks and added that they're more than willing to wait it out until they get what they feel is the right offer.

So basically, anyone looking for the Texans to budge on this is likely to be disappointed.

I don’t really want Watson in a Panthers’ uniform, but isn’t that the right card to play for the Texans. Start high and someone will overbid to meet you in the middle. The Jets originally wanted a higher pick than we gave for Darnold right? A couple first round picks and a young player plus getting Watson’s salary off the books will look better and better as the days go on. Again I don’t want him, but some team will probably get him for less than the 3 first rounders plus 3 young players…

11 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

·
8h

"Talks are heating up between Eagles and Texans on a Deshaun Watson trade," per .

per NBC sports..

Contrary to a report that trade talks between the Eagles and Texans regarding a potential Watson deal are “heating up,” a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that they are not.

The problem at this point is the looming possibility of prosecution. As previously mentioned, Watson’s camp believes that the evidence against him inevitably will be presented to a grand jury. If he’s indicted on felony charges, the NFL undoubtedly will place him on paid leave until the case is resolved. Until then, it’s possible he’ll be convicted and then incarcerated.

“Teams have to wait to make sure jail isn’t a possibility,” one source explained.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2