• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Biggest Draft Busts(Top 3 Rounds)

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

2000 Rashard Anderson 1st round drug addict

2005 Eric Shelton RB Florida State.  The guy never saw the field.  Terrible pick in the 2nd Round

2007 Dewayne Jarrett WR USC was supposed to be a Keyshawn Clone more like a Keyshawn Clown

2010 Armanti Edwards QB/WR another pick that was such a waste

2019 Greg Little was supposed to be our answer at LT turned out to be worse than Mike Remmers 

Eric Shelton never gets proper respect when it comes to the biggest bust conversation.   I mean, at least the Jimmy Clausen's of the world were good enough to suck on Sunday for a minute. 

Just now, CRA said:

Eric Shelton never gets proper respect when it comes to the biggest bust conversation.   I mean, at least the Jimmy Clausen's of the world were good enough to suck on Sunday for a minute. 

I remember hearing he wouldn't run with low pad level.  Of course in the NFL if you run through a hole straight up, you'll ge straight up busted.

8 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

He never performed that well? He was an incredible RT that helped lead the path for two 1k rushers. Are you out of your mind?

Part of performing well is consistency and discipline - neither of which did he ever show.  The man was out of shape and had no heart - he had the talent but not the drive.  They tried to trade him after 3 seasons where he only played 29 games....why would you call that incredible?  We were 15-14 when he played and 11-6 when he didn't....had a below average passing offense even with Moose and Smith both seasons which is the primary role of our tackles to create.  You can't cherry pick stats and act like that justifies your opinion.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, the guys who busted largely due to injury are in a different group than the guys who busted because they just outright sucked.

I agree you can categorize them that way, but a bust is a bust - doesn't matter if they were scouted poorly, we fat and lazy, had bad luck, or a head case - high picks that screw us by not producing is the same result.  We have had lots of all of this!

2 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I agree you can categorize them that way, but a bust is a bust - doesn't matter if they were scouted poorly, we fat and lazy, had bad luck, or a head case - high picks that screw us by not producing is the same result.  We have had lots of all of this!

True but we're talking about the worst of the worst.  Players that saw the field no matter how bad are not close to guys like Shelton, Jarrett and Edwards. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heck, Atiyyah Ellison was a third rounder who didn't even make the roster.

A lot of people probably don't even remember his name because he was here for such a short time.

Blocked that one out of my memory.  

I would say the top bust was Clausen. He was truly one of the worst QB’s I’ve ever seen play.  Hurney apparently wanted to trade up for him too, which probably would’ve been our 2011 1st rounder aka #1 overall pick.  Dodged a bullet there.  But his abysmal play has granted him my top spot.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

True but we're talking about the worst of the worst.  Players that saw the field no matter how bad are not close to guys like Shelton, Jarrett and Edwards. 

I don't disagree - but the original post just said busts which is what I responded to....the thread took its own path.  But very true your 3 would be at or near the top of the list defined that way.

20 - Too early but if Derrick Brown doesn't show strides of elite status this year being selected that high, then he starts to fall into that category. You take a DT that high, he should be Donald level.

19 - Little. Not even close. Grier was a reach when we needed something. Had some playing time. It's Little. 

18 - Gaulden. 

17 - Samuel simply because he's not here. Good top 3 draft.

16 - Eesh. Butler. Worley still in the league but he's awful.

15 - Funchess

14 - Both Ealy and Benjamin had their moments. Williams is still on the Bills. Have to go Ealy.

13 - Star because injuries and Short ended up being better

12 - lol amini

11 - Cam. Never won us a super bowl.

10 - Pickles is a given, but he fell to the second. I'm going Armanti Edwards

09 - Brown

08 - Otah. One good year. Pure garbage.

07 - Jarrett. Cost us keyshawn too.

06 - Butler never did squad. Rest had solid career.

05 - lol shelton

04 - Colbert

03 - We need one of these drafts next year. Seidman was a blocker, that was it.

02 - Out of the three, Foster

01 - Damn, who was our GM? Ron Wolf? Maybe Morgan because of injuries?

00 - Anderson

99 - Terry

98 - Peter

97 - Carruth

96 - Biaka

95 - King

• Poo 4