• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 22 ranks panthers second worst team in the league

micnificent28

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Darnold IS a dual threat QB. He can run. Is he 85% of what Cam/is/was? No.

Is Fields AND Justin Herbert better than Darnold? Hmph...

They could have kept their franchise QB and still made all these great picks on defense like they have, love that, but they've f'd up the QB position, willingly. Mistake.

Well, my preferred scenario was always to keep Cam, so I'm with you.

• Beer 1

Just so everyone is aware, these overalls aren't exactly refelective of what the team overall actually is in the game. These are "assigned" overall ratings, that change to reflect the teams actual overall when you start a Franchise.

With that being said, a lot of the Panthers ratings are true head scratchers.

And the Cowboys are always over-rated because the ratings guy is a HUGE Cowboys fan.

• Pie 1

On 8/4/2021 at 4:11 PM, micnificent28 said:

This is shocking to me. I mean I get the hype of the jags adding Lawrence and so on but the lions are better than us? Even after losing Stafford?

FB_IMG_1628107728577.jpg

Wow, 73 is terri-bad. Like most teams backup players are higher than a 73...

But honestly, the real question should be who the hell even plays Madden anymore. That game has been dog poo since the mid 2ks

We should have been last.

Madden world: we are mostly running 4th stringers on top outside of a very select few on the roster. 

Real world: we are are running fourth stringers outside of 4 players and everything is put on an untested coach.

That's where we are at. I don’t see any reason to rank us differently. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

So they’re literally a *couple* debatable spots off and that shocks you? And yes, position wise and as a team as a whole, I can see why we’re ranked as such. Teams with worse records have better individual players.

This forum has to take those homer shades off every once in a while. This team is not that great and hasn’t been that great for 6 years. And honestly, as a franchise as a whole. Still in the bottom 3rd.

Instead of demanding Madden get their poo together for a more accurate ranking of the irrelevant poo pile teams at the bottom of the NFL, perhaps being more critical of the Panthers would make more sense.

16 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

But honestly, the real question should be who the hell even plays Madden anymore. That game has been dog poo since the mid 2ks

A couple years back, they retooled the ratings.  I'm assuming they are still using a similar rating system.  They dialed back the ratings quite a bit, especially during the draft.  A first round pick outside the top 10 is awesome if 72 OVR, especially if they are faster to level up.  Highest player in the draft is probably 80 at best.  Most of the draft is going to be 60's and lower.  Your oline starters will be in the 70's unless you have some above average guys.  Guards with 68 overall starting isn't uncommon.

10 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

That is inaccurate. Game Is far from perfect, but has been pretty solid more recently. Those who play it at the highest levels anyway. I honestly don't know what people like you want, it's 11 on 11.   Your not going to turn into some different game it's football.

Edited by micnificent28